What Daily paper do you read?

techie4me 18:08 24 Sep 2007

Telegraph on Sat/Sun & Mon for the Sport.
Guardian also for the Jobs on Mon & Wed.
Rest of the week what ever i fancy, apart from the Daily Sport which is a bit frowned upon on the 0730 to London though!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:31 24 Sep 2007

The majority of them aren't worth the paper they are printed on.

Full of absolute rubbish or biased to one particular faction (political or business) or other.

I liked GAndalf's commemt about the SUN in another thread :0)
It also applies to several other "rags".

Of course this is just my own opion formed after 50 years of reading them.

Earthsea 18:33 24 Sep 2007

None, but I used to read the Sunday Sport; it was factually more accurate than The Sun.

rezeeg 18:46 24 Sep 2007

None - I use teletext and the internet for current news.

jack 19:30 24 Sep 2007

None at all -never have
Sunday Times - Tell me whats happened in detail and whats going to happen next week
Still throw half of it away though.

Legolas 19:32 24 Sep 2007

The Herald. A Scottish broadsheet.

Although I seldom read much of it and really get it for the crosswords.

interzone55 19:47 24 Sep 2007

I normally don't bother with a daily chip-wrapper, but if I'm travelling anywhere by train I'll pick up a Guardian.

On Sunday I get The Observer, Sunday Times or Independent on Sunday.

I also get my local paper The Rochdale Observer on a Saturday.

Riojaa 19:54 24 Sep 2007

I very rarely bother with newspapers but to-day I had to use the train and found myself reading a discarded Express.

It re-confirmed my view that newspapers usually employ staff who have a gift for the written word but sadly lack the creative and inspirational talents.
Why should their thoughts be viewed to be better than others.

Reminded me of a studied carver of wood who continually produces plain wooded blocks with gaping holes in it.

I did enjoy the football section, which was of a very high standard, and made the reader feel that they were actually on the terraces watching the great Chelsea demise.

J B 20:00 24 Sep 2007

The telegraph every day but for online news and opinion I read this click here J.B.

tried 20:05 24 Sep 2007

Mail and Mirror here, those two couldant agree If black was really white or a light pink! bit like the parties they support I guess! mind you they both keep the fish and chips warm!

Quickbeam 20:51 24 Sep 2007

I'm one of the floating readers that pick a paper on the appeal of the leading story, it can be any paper.

I've recently gone of the express because of it's day to day saturation coverage of the McCanns saga.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?