West Midlands Safari Park

NewestRoyWidd1 13:13 20 Jul 2011
Answered

I'm going on a coach trip this Sunday to West Midlands Safari park;Has anyone been there?I'm looking for ideas on what to see and do there with regards to taking photos,and things generally.

My Fuji S1900 camera has got quite a good zoom range on it,so medium distance shots shouldn't be a problem.Many thanks in advance.

BT 16:20 20 Jul 2011

Been there several times. Great day out.As its a Safari Park you are naturally confined to your vehicle for most of the tour but there are lots of animals to see an photograph. Most approach quite closely.

NewestRoyWidd1 09:44 21 Jul 2011
Answer

Thanks BT

Bingalau 10:16 21 Jul 2011

Make sure you have your radio aerial in, because if you stop anywhere near the monkeys they will have it off in minutes. Also of course be aware that they are capable of ripping off your windscreen wipers. Advice! keep moving especially if you are in the areas frequented by the monkeys.

NewestRoyWidd1 10:31 21 Jul 2011

Bingalau;Happily that won't be a problem because I'll be on a large coach,I've heard similar"horror stories"of what monkeys do to vehicles though.

BT 17:11 21 Jul 2011

You can choose not to go through the monkey section if you don't want you car ripped to bits. They do warn you however that the lions have a taste for externally mounted spare wheels, such as you often get on 4x4s.

NewestRoyWidd1 19:14 21 Jul 2011

BT;Thanks but I will be on a coach.

morddwyd 07:52 22 Jul 2011

And having your car ripped apart is supposed to be a fun day out is it? :-)

BT 08:53 22 Jul 2011

NewestRoyWidd1

Thanks but I will be on a coach.

I realised that, it was just a bit of info for anyone else that chooses to pay a visit there.

Enjoy your Trip.

BT 08:57 22 Jul 2011

Nice pub just down the road from there that does the most yummy hot roast meat sandwiches. Fresh, crusty, locally made bread, loads of meat and lots of extras on the side.

NewestRoyWidd1 10:49 22 Jul 2011

Morddwyd;I assume there will be lots of disclaimer signs around regarding damage to vehicles(at your own risk etc)and therefore people can make an informed choice.It's a very popular place,so obviously people aren't put off by the chance of monkeys,lions etc damaging their vehicles.

BT;Point taken re your info for others.Regarding the pub,I doubt if I'll have time to visit it,because according to info gleaned from the Fuji owner forum where I posted a similar thread,the safari drive takes around two hours.My intentions for the day are to take lots of photos,so I'm afraid the pub is not an option for me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?