We're beta testing for Symantec again.

Forum Editor 22:47 05 Oct 2009

This time for the next version of Norton 360. Here's a chance for those of you who missed out last time to register for the new beta test.

We'll start on 27th October, and as before the test period will run for around ten days or so. Each person who completes the test and provides feedback via our special test forum will receive a fully licensed copy of the software when it launches.

Please email me - [email protected] if you would like to be enrolled in the test. There's a limit of 50 places on a strictly first-come first-served basis. You may apply if you took part in the first Norton test, but first consideration will go to new testers.

You'll be required to download and install the beta software on your computer, and to answer a series of questions that I'll post in the beta forum.

Please do NOT apply for the test by posting in this thread - only email applications will be considered.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:05 05 Oct 2009

Do you need details of machine to be used on?

Forum Editor 23:31 05 Oct 2009

Not at this stage.

Forum Editor 23:31 05 Oct 2009

Applications are rolling in already.

WhiteTruckMan 23:39 05 Oct 2009

i will regrettably not be applying. Too much on my plate at the moment.

Wish I did have the time though.

WTM

carver 08:43 06 Oct 2009

It's good to see that Norton value the input from a site such as this and are again prepared to put their product up for testing.

justme 23:24 06 Oct 2009

I don't know if FE has got enough applicants so far but may I recommend the process to those who have the time to spare.

I was on the last beta test and found the experience very enjoyable and worth doing, not only for the free copy given but for the comradeship generated among those doing the beta testing.

Forum Editor 23:26 06 Oct 2009

of applications, but there are still a few places left, so please let me know if you would like to take part.

Forum Editor 14:43 07 Oct 2009

for the test?

We still have places left for what promises to be an interesting test. If you have an interest in computer security, and would like to try out a new version of the software that was very well reviewed by our last panel of testers, drop me an email.

There are still almost three weeks to go before the test period starts, so I'll leave the list open.

Forum Editor 12:05 11 Oct 2009

to everyone who has applied to join this test. There are still some vacancies on the beta panel, so if you fancy taking part please email me as soon as possible.

The testing will not take up a lot of your time, and will be spread over a week or ten days, so you can go at your own pace. Your reward will be a free copy of the new version of Norton 360, and the satisfaction that might come from knowing you've helped in the development of the product.

We'll run a special forum for the test, only those who take part will be able to post. See you there in about two weeks or so.

carver 13:09 11 Oct 2009

I might be doing myself out of a place but for those people who haven't tried this it's worth having a go.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone