Weird experience

wee eddie 10:25 06 Apr 2007

I was just composing one of my scintillating responses to a thread of particular banality, when I thought the better of it, cleared the screen and returned to the Forum.

Wham - The Silver Mouse had been busy and the thread had disappeared.

My question: What would have happened to my posting if I had tried to post to a thread that had already been deleted??

Forum Editor 10:34 06 Apr 2007

a scintillating post just ducks in under the wire, and can appear after I lock a thread. I lock it, refresh my screens, and voila! someone has posted after the lock, or so it appears. What actually happened is that someone clicked the submit button a fraction of a second before I applied the lock.

In the case of a deletion your post would simply be ignored by the server, and would be trashed, never to astonish our readers with its insight and elegant turn of phrase.

p;3 10:35 06 Apr 2007

you would get to see an 'error' page ( and not what you had wanted TO post ); which is admittedly a bit frustrating if you have taken some time to compose something 'interesting'::))

spuds 17:29 06 Apr 2007

It appears that we may have had similar experiences, at one time or another :O)

p;3 17:38 06 Apr 2007

u must have nicked over to my pc on one of them moments of my frustration to see wot same I writ before it got nicked with the locking devise

BUT; it IS a tad annoying, isnt it ,when one HAS taken time TO compose something suitable and conforming to within forum rules , to then go TO post it and.............

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?