Weekly Bin Collections

morddwyd 09:09 03 Feb 2012

Communities Secretary Eric Pickles, who announced the scheme last autumn, calls weekly bin collections a "basic right".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-16865456

We each have our own priorities, of course, but I can think of a few more important "basic rights" that the Communities Secretary could be giving hi attention to, like affordable housing and a job to mention just a couple!

With Fred Goodwin and now this one wonders about this Government's sense of priorities.

Aitchbee 10:30 03 Feb 2012

Ed Milliband's recent remark at PMQs re the 'millionaires' in the Tory led government,displays how 'OUT OF TOUCH' this lot are.

lotvic 21:58 03 Feb 2012

I have all on to generate an average of half a carrier bag of rubbish a week.

It always amazes me when I see bins full to the top each week. I think 'if that's their rubbish - how much stuff are they buying and carrying home every week from the shops?'

spuds 23:27 03 Feb 2012

'Basic rights' of bin collection is indeed an important matter, but I wish all council's would work to the same guide book. Where I live there is a border line for three different council's, and all have their own totally different ways of doing things.

Forum Editor 23:41 03 Feb 2012

AitchBEE

Ed Miliband is a millionaire.

Harriet Harman is a millionaire.

Baroness Scotland is a millionaire.

lotvic 00:00 04 Feb 2012

wish I was.

Aitchbee 10:26 04 Feb 2012

Xpig - bad pig.

Aitchbee 11:33 04 Feb 2012

FE - the three you mentioned on 'Millionare's Row' probably don't have a scoobie, either, with regards to the nitti-gritti needs of 'ordinary' folk.

Aitchbee 11:33 04 Feb 2012

FE - the three you mentioned on 'Millionare's Row' probably don't have a scoobie, either, with regards to the nitti-gritti needs of 'ordinary' folk.

Aitchbee 11:36 04 Feb 2012

...sorry for double-post...my trigger finger needs fine adjustment!

wee eddie 13:28 04 Feb 2012

There are some folk that buy, and throw-away, huge quantities of food.

How they can afford this, I have no idea? For that matter, why they do this, is beyond my comprehension.

The Flat below mine throw out, bread and potatoes that have reached their Sell by Date, and an incredible quantity of vegetables that are unused and in prime condition. There are times that I am sorely tempted to raid the bin, not that I am currently short of cash, but just to reduce the waste.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?