This Weekend

hereford456 10:11 24 Aug 2007

Highways Agency say from 3-7pm will be a nightmare on the roads.
And the Met Office say it's going to be hot & sunny over the Bank Holiday.

So what are people doing this weekend?

User-1159794 10:22 24 Aug 2007

The pub.

Colin 10:46 24 Aug 2007

As with all bank holidays, we rarely leave the house. I appreciate that some people have no choice, but we're in the fortunate position of being able to take holidays when we please - kids have left home now.

We also tend to discard July & August for day trips etc as the hordes spoil it a little bit!

2 weeks off in September when the schools are back is heaven!

Thalmus 11:20 24 Aug 2007

I'll be wasting my time playing Bioshock that got releassed today

lisa02 11:47 24 Aug 2007

At home with the children, one is only 13 days old now. Other half is back to work on Sunday when his Paternity Leave ends and he normally works Bank Holidays. He's not alone though according to the statistics there'll be more working than taking it off.

DrScott 12:14 24 Aug 2007

I'm working then :o(

Cymro. 14:02 24 Aug 2007

I don`t expect to be going out very much of anywhere. I live in a holiday area on the edge of a the Snowdonia National Park so the traffic will be horrendous. But at least I don`t have to be going very far if i want somewhere nice to go to.

My daughter and her husband are coming over to stay the holiday. Best of all is that they will be bringing their new baby girl only a month old and our first grandchild.

My son and his wife are also coming to stay. We don`t see them all very often so it will be a bit like a family Christmas only better as the weather is nicer and it will be less expensive then Christmas.

The son has to travel the longest as he lives in Brighton. I dare say that his journey will be horrendous as he has to negotiate the M25 round London and the M6 round Birmingham then the narrow country roads in the National Park, probably stuck behind some caravan.

The daughters journey from Cardiff up to North Wales is also a difficult one with narrow twisting roads most of the way.

There making the effort to come over to see us for what is a rather short holiday and having to travel from so far makes bringing children up all the more worth while.

Totally-braindead 15:38 24 Aug 2007

If there is decent weather then I'll be flying radio control models. If its raining I'll be sitting in the house cursing the weather - as usual. And will probably end up here.

hereford456 16:29 24 Aug 2007

I just found out i'm working to.
Nice of the boss to let me know 30 minutes before the end of the week!

Dizzy Bob 16:36 24 Aug 2007

I shall be heading to the beach with the kids, but as that is about a 60 second walk, i am not expecting to be caught in too many traffic jams!

DB

jimv7 17:16 24 Aug 2007

Looking forward to a Euchre tournament on Sunday.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017