We would welcome your feedback

Forum Editor 23:42 11 Jun 2009

on something we've been working on.

If you click here you'll see an e-book on computer security. I know that many of you will probably be up to speed on the topics we've covered, but we would like to know what you think of the concept and presentation.

The information is free, and it's presented in a way that we think is easy to read on-screen. Feel free to send the link to friends, or indeed anyone you think might be interested, and let us know what you think via this thread.

WhiteTruckMan 00:07 12 Jun 2009

-Its too late for detailed reading- and the material seems well thought out and presented in a reasonable manner. But it does beg the question of why an e-book, instead of a single downloadable file like a pdf?

WTM

I am Spartacus 00:21 12 Jun 2009

I quite like this format of ebook and find them easier on the eye than pdf's plus the ability to 'grab' and move the content around on screen. Having got used to them it's one of my preferred methods of reading on screen.

It might be a useful article for beginners and for a background into the various security risks. Perhaps this or something like this should be supplied with all new PC's.

mrwoowoo 00:33 12 Jun 2009

Some very interesting stuff.
I prefer the E book compared to a PDF file as it's easier on the eye.
If i have a magazine in front of me i will read it from cover to cover,whereas i very rarely finish reading a long article on the web no matter how interesting.
It's the same reason people still buy newspapers when they can read them on the web.We all like something we can physically interact with.
Reading the articles i never once thought"oh i can't be bothered with this anymore)as i'm usually prone to doing.
So..nice presentation.About as close to reading a mag as you can get.
Good choice of topic.
9/10

wee eddie 00:44 12 Jun 2009

I cannot access the page turner. I need to Scroll all over the place.

In reality I am needing to have 1/2 of the page on my screen to be easily readable. That is 1/4 of the 2 page spread.

cycoze 01:27 12 Jun 2009

click on the part of the page you want to read to enlarge it, then click again to reduce it again.

Noldi 06:12 12 Jun 2009

I like this way of viewing information / books very easy on the eyes, I read a lot of electronic books while traveling.
Does this mean in the future we will be able to get the PCA in this format? That will free up some cupboard space and make it cheaper for us that like the magazine outside the UK without expensive postage costs.

Noldi

anskyber 07:41 12 Jun 2009

Wide ranging and comprehensive. I like the ebook format and the max facility is easy to use.

laurie53 07:55 12 Jun 2009

Like wee eddie, I only get a quarter of the page spread.

While image can be enlarged as cycoze suggests, it would have to be a hell of an interesting article, in my case probably on something other than computers, to justify all that clicking!

Mike D 08:13 12 Jun 2009

wee eddie and laurie53; I want to be able to read a page at a time, not scroll all over the show. It may be a very interesting read, but I lost interest before the second page. A downloadable pdf would be better for me.

dms_05 08:32 12 Jun 2009

It's very good. Simply clicking on the portion you want to read makes it very viewable on a laptop.

A pdf version might suit some but this version should be retained.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017