and we thought that electricity was safe??

  Seth Haniel 10:59 30 Jun 2008
Locked

click here

A power surge after a cable fault led to a number of house fires in a North Lanarkshire town.

About 400 houses were affected by the surge which caused some electricity meters and fuses to blow in the Summerlee area of Coatbridge.

  Cymro. 11:16 30 Jun 2008

With modern wiring, good fuses, trip switches and anti surge devises and such things we are rather apt to take electricity and it`s safe use too much for granted.

I can`t be bothered to look for the statistics but a lot of fires in homes are caused by electrical faults. I remember my grandmother was always petrified of anything electrical.

  Cymro. 11:24 02 Jul 2008

Bump

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?