We have a TV License..but:

ened 11:20 14 Sep 2008

They won't leave us alone.

It is quite ridiculous the amount of resources being wasted. How many more are there like us?

Almost weekly we receive threatening letters.

We have telephoned them,contacted via their web page and my wife has even sent them a photocopy of our License.

Still the threatening letters keep on coming.

peter99co 11:42 14 Sep 2008

Have you purchased new equipment recently because this can result in a letter if your details are slightly different. I had three in one year but a phone call resolved the issue.

ened 11:52 14 Sep 2008

Not this year - but this has been going on for nine years.

It no longer worries us but I am flabbergasted at the sheer incompetence. We have tried in every possible way to let them know they are wasting their time but we are not obliged to.

We get the letters (Some of which are quite frankly threatening) but have never (to our knowledge) had a follow up visit.

spuds 11:59 14 Sep 2008

Considering that it as been going on for nine years and you haven't had a visit from an enforcement officer, then they don't seem all that concerned. I would think that this is more of a database error, which no one as bothered to correct.

A letter, telephone call, email or possible surgery consultation with your local MP might resolve the issue!.

Quickbeam 12:04 14 Sep 2008

is making a stand against the TV licence enforcers click here

Mind you, he's earned plenty from the BBC in his time to pay the £1000 fine many time over...

interzone55 12:48 14 Sep 2008

Noel Edmunds makes me sick.

How can someone who has worked for the BBC on & off for the last 30 years possibly make the comments he's done over the last few days.

Even even used the platform of the BBC One show to shamelessly plug his new Sky One show...

spuds 12:49 14 Sep 2008

I suppose when you have been out of the limelight for some time, you have to think of something!.

In the case of this gentlemen perhaps, I suppose a good finance base, plus a possible team of legal advisers would make a better foundation for revolt!.

spuds 12:55 14 Sep 2008

I notice that the licencing authority have stated that their enforcement officers 'do not' have a right of entry into peoples property. I wonder how many of these enforcement officers have been naughty people, and insist that they inspect your property for possible misdemeanours!.

Kevscar1 14:16 14 Sep 2008

Everytime we buy a new TV I get letters from them. I have always ignored them because the licence is in my wifes name.
Surely they must have it all stored on computer and if they can't be bothered to check I am not going to do it for them.
We been hear 17yrs now and no one has ever called to check.

rdave13 14:45 14 Sep 2008

Try contacting them here; click here . Never know it might work.

PalaeoBill 15:42 14 Sep 2008

For your own peace of mind, your should write to them once aagin informing them that you have a licence but this time you need to explicity state that you are withdrawing their implied right of access. They must respond to this and accept that they may not force an entry to your property.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

5 best 3D model websites

iPhone 8 vs iPhone X

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache