'We have never seen anything like this'

peter99co 12:04 05 Jul 2009

It may be just a scare tactic but it sounds very true and sensible to me.

click here

No smears just his honest opinion?

Quickbeam 12:09 05 Jul 2009

Cymro. 12:38 05 Jul 2009

There is a lot of truth in what John Major is saying, but we must still remember that he is an ex Tory PM with an axe to grind.

mrwoowoo 14:24 05 Jul 2009

Absolute common sense.
So obvious to all apart from Gordon Brown it seems.

Cymro. 15:16 05 Jul 2009

GB knows damn well what is going on, the big question is has he got it right and will he be able to sort it all out. Assuming he is in power long enough to do so that is.

OTT_Buzzard 15:29 05 Jul 2009

Interesting idea to downsize government (an idea which has been mentioned recently on the forum). But how far would that go to being able to repay £180bn of debt? How much does central government cost to run every year!?!?

GANDALF <|:-)> 15:31 05 Jul 2009

Anyone who takes the time to check on the UK's borrowing, try to work out how the hell it can be repaid and examines the state of the economy will not be surprised. 'Green shoots' absolute nonsense, we are not out of this by a long way yet and more upsets are on the horizon.

G

newman35 15:54 05 Jul 2009

Such a cheery wee soul you are - get out, breathe the air, be glad to be alive.
There have been many prophets of doom on all sorts of issues, yet we're still here. Stop being a cloud on the horizon, we will get through.

newman35 16:04 05 Jul 2009

As for Major's views - he hardly set the world alight with his chancellorship/premiership did he? The original 'grey man' (notwithstanding Edwina, of course).

GANDALF <|:-)> 16:14 05 Jul 2009

'we will get through'..how? You are mistaking 'prophet of doom' with 'realist'.

G

Cymro. 16:29 05 Jul 2009

I am with newman35 on this one. Yes of course we will get through. I don`t know how but we will. What do you think is going to happen?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone