We do not disclose your personal information.

bumpkin 18:13 10 Nov 2014

We do not disclose your personal information.

Good, I am pleased about that or I may become inundated with nuisance calls and spam Emails from injury lawyers were someone in my family to have a car accident. Strange co-incidence that I am though.

Forum Editor 18:23 10 Nov 2014

Sorry - am I missing something here? This makes little or no sense to me.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:34 10 Nov 2014

Obviously your insurers or possibly repairers have a leak in the system.

bumpkin 18:53 10 Nov 2014

FE, it seems straightforward enough to me. Following a car accident involving a member of my family using my vehicle I get phone calls and Emails from injury lawyers who must have got my full name, Email address and phone number from somewhere. Why does that make little or no sense.

Woolwell 19:10 10 Nov 2014

It made no sense to me until you added your last post.

Are you saying that your personal information was disclosed?

bumpkin 19:10 10 Nov 2014

FruitBat, that is my opinion so any "Privacy Statements" are worthless unless enforced.

bumpkin 19:10 10 Nov 2014

FruitBat, that is my opinion so any "Privacy Statements" are worthless unless enforced.

bumpkin 19:15 10 Nov 2014

Woolwell, it would seem to have been or why the sudden calls and mails. Not a co-incidence to my mind.

spuds 19:16 10 Nov 2014

Its called "selling on", or at least that's what I understand after watching a few television programs on the subject, or being constantly reminded the obvious that some companies are sharing my details.

Perhaps these people should be made aware click here

bumpkin 19:42 10 Nov 2014

No big problem anyway but my original posting although maybe not too clear was to obtain views on so called "privacy policies" which appear to be pretty meaningless.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:42 10 Nov 2014

However another source of info is the police, once you have name, email address is easy to find.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone