We are the World 25 Haiti

Eargasm 18:50 13 Feb 2010

I know it's for a good cause and am sure it will raise shed loads of money, but what a dreadful version !

Anyone out there actually prefer it to the 1985 original ?

click here

Hercule Marple 19:49 13 Feb 2010

It is poor, isn't it. That guy at 3:15 and 7:02 is the worst of the lot. What a racket.

Eargasm 19:57 13 Feb 2010

Yes i agree, that guy is Wyclef Jean, what about that awful rap section ?

I can't believe they had the talent of Gladys there and never gave her a solo slot, at least Jennifer Hudson sounded spot on !

Mr Mistoffelees 20:02 13 Feb 2010

Given that you all think it is so wonderful, I'll spare my ears the pain of listening to it!

Hercule Marple 20:38 13 Feb 2010

It's harmless, Mr Mistoffelees. Mostly, anyway. The original version was also deadly dull.

Forum Editor 00:03 14 Feb 2010

I quite like it.

Snec 00:12 14 Feb 2010

What a racket!

Eargasm 00:21 14 Feb 2010

F.E mine is a pint of what you have been drinking!

ronalddonald 01:05 14 Feb 2010

maybe you need to clean all the wax from your ears and look carefully at whats happening around you. oh i forgot england is the land of alcoholics. Wise up now, whats matter the recession biting your habits of drinking, and listening skills.

FE has good taste but the rest of you seem to have lost all value to ears, sentimental value as well as being wise, you've seem to develop the skill of being unwise. you must learn what you have unlearned

OTT_B 01:28 14 Feb 2010

I have learned that understanding context is of vital importance and have no intention on unlearning it.

The question was if anyone perfers it to the 1985 version. My answer is no. Eargasm seems to think the same. Your comments seem pretty well irrelevant.

ronalddonald 01:39 14 Feb 2010

ya what the song simon cowell cowbell trying to promote in the retail shops is absolute crap. I saw a glimpse of it on television and its just very sad sad song with no hop or energy or good vibes or any sense of understanding. Its so sad I wouldn't buy it. Its so sad i wonder why they even bothered.

When Quincy Jones made a very highly professional effort to help Africa he did. He he made a decision and aimed to get what he wanted by using strategy. He got his passion by focusing what he wanted and getting the results he wanted. Don't forget he made the prince of bell air. The song may of been written by Michael Jackson but Quincy put it together and he contacted the singers and brought the singers together. This time round Lionel had a greater involvement. What a feeling yeah I'm dancing on the ceiling. We are the world so lets start giving.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?