We are all doomed....

Sethhaniel 11:44 10 Nov 2006

click here
The Earth is wide open to alien attack, a former Government advisor has warned. Nick Pope said the department that formally investigated UFO sightings had closed down, meaning unexplained phenomena were not being probed. Mr Pope, who ran the Ministry of Defence UFO project from 1991 to 1994, said there had been a series of "highly credible" alien sightings and landings in the UK.
"The consequences of getting this one wrong could be huge," he said.
"If you reported a UFO sighting now,

I am absolutely sure that you would just get back a standard letter telling you not to worry.
"Frankly we are wide open - if something does not behave like a conventional aircraft now, it will be ignored.
"The X-Files have been closed down."
Mr Pope said those working for the MoD UFO project spend their time releasing formerly classified documents in answer to Freedom of Information requests from the media or members of the public.
The UFO expert resigned from his MoD post at the Directorate of Defence Security this week.
He said there was no evidence of UFO hostile intent - but it could not be ruled out.
"There has got to be the potential for that and one is left with the uneasy feeling that if it turned out to be so, there is very little we could do about it," he said.
"If you believe these things are extra terrestrial craft then you cannot rule out that what is happening is some kind of covert reconnaissance."
A spokesman for the Ministry of Defence insisted that all UFO sightings were investigated for "evidence to suggest that UK airspace has been compromised by hostile or unauthorised air activity".
She said: "Unless there is such evidence, the MoD doesn't attempt to positively identify what was seen."
;)

IClaudio 11:58 10 Nov 2006

I saw a documentary about American investigations into UFO reports over some 30 or 40 years. They concluded that in 95% of the sightings, there was a mundane explanation for the sightings.

The programme didn't, unfortunately, didn't comment on the 5% that couldn't be explained...

Incidentally, Sethhaniel, this story has been on the news all morning and the link would have been sufficient ;)

Sethhaniel 12:03 10 Nov 2006

Some people don't click links or are at establishments where the firewalls don't allow access to News sites -

So get the message out straight to the heart of the matter ;)

anskyber 12:29 10 Nov 2006

Barking, completely barking. No not you Sethhaniel but the whole notion. I wish I could find the thread which went over the aliens point endlessly but I assure you there are no aliens. The guy left his job 12 years ago after a short tenure.

In a sense to even work in such a unit suggests to me there is a predisposition to accept there are aliens. Sleep well in your bed tonight, its fine.

Sethhaniel 12:31 10 Nov 2006

"Sleep well in your bed tonight"

Wish I could Wish I could !!!!

IClaudio 15:45 10 Nov 2006

"I assure you there are no aliens"

Hey, thanks for putting my mind at rest about that. However, I smell a rat: both you and FE know this for a fact, and yet scientists (and charlatans) the world over can't agree. I put it to you that you and FE are actually minions of the Great Lizard himself, David Icke, and are secretly lulling the citizens of Earth into a sense of false security.

I expect this post to be deleted...

Totally-braindead 15:59 10 Nov 2006

As soon as I saw the title of the thread I heard a voice in my head of the undertaker from Dads Army "We're Doomed". Fraser I think was his name.

That aside I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

anskyber 16:00 10 Nov 2006

I hope the FE will put us all out of our misery (or me at least) and find the link to the thread I mentioned earlier.

anskyber 16:05 10 Nov 2006

please!! click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:46 10 Nov 2006

So what was the film where the old guy (fisherman I think)is riding round on his bike saying
"your doomed"

"your still doomed"

it's driving me mad!!!

Sethhaniel 18:15 10 Nov 2006

can't brush it off that easy -
you will start a brash of people solving other peoples problems with giving links to old posts that have nothing to do with current topic

use your sense man ;P

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?