Watch the birdie

Graham* 15:41 11 Apr 2014

There's 4 eggs under the bird.

enter link description here

Graham* 15:43 11 Apr 2014
  Aitchbee 15:52 11 Apr 2014

Nice link, thanks.

lotvic 15:53 11 Apr 2014

Bird looked right back at me, put it's head on one side as if to say "What are you lookin' at?" :)

geoff96 20:34 11 Apr 2014

Here's one from Nottingham, just round the corner from where my son works.

click here

Forum Editor 11:52 12 Apr 2014

I find these feeds absolutely fascinating. The quality of the images are superb, and I'm very envious - a couple of years ago my son gave me a bird box with a built in camera. I set it up on a pear tree in my garden, and soon a pair of Blue-tits were busily building a nest. They reared a family, but I saw none of it, I have been unable to get the feed working on a laptop.

These feeds have encouraged me to try again, it is a software issue, I'm sure.

Quickbeam 06:39 13 Apr 2014

Have you tried finding a solution from tech forum FE?

Aitchbee 21:02 16 Apr 2014

... if the university students had incorporated a discrete solar-panel to give a 'trickle heat' [underfloor] ... mrs falcon would have been able to stretch her legs a bit and do some shopping.

chub_tor 18:20 17 Apr 2014

In spring 2013 we had a nesting pair of bluetits in a box outside our bedroom, no camera but we were able to follow the ins and outs and watch the newly hatched birds fledge and take their first flight into a nearby cherry tree. Last autumn we bought a bird box with camera from Lidl, not a wireless one but with a SCART connector that goes into the back of the TV in our bedroom. Over the past few weeks we have watched a pair of bluetits build a nest (well she did all the work) and two days ago at 6.15am we were delighted to watch her deliver her first egg. Absolutely fascinating and something we have been able to share with our friends via Facebook. Cannot wait until hatching time.

Aitchbee 23:03 18 Apr 2014

At night, when it's dark, the mother bird seems to turn into a flattened blanket of feathers.

Aitchbee 23:29 26 Apr 2014

It's comforting to observe that the 4 hatchlings in the Nottingham falconry nestuary are being brought up on a sensible diet of dead headless mice and rats.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?