Was that the quickest? ebay

SG Atlantis® 17:24 09 Aug 2006

I listed an item on ebay, it sold with 3 mins and i was paid straight away via paypal.

I listed it as buy it now, at a price I wanted and as usual I set my postage nice and honestly low.

Cool.

Cymro. 18:19 09 Aug 2006

I bet you now wonder if you sold it at too low a price.

SG Atlantis® 18:24 09 Aug 2006

Just a wee bit lol.

Legolas 10:39 10 Aug 2006

I have sold a few things on ebay and always set the postage low, I never buy an item from ebay when the postage is obviously too high. If more people refused to buy items with high postage costs maybe we would see this practice stop.

Stuartli 10:48 10 Aug 2006

The Buy Now! feature also confers on the buyer all the same statutory rights as buying from a shop.

See:

click here,

spuds 12:36 10 Aug 2006

Regarding Stuartli's comment and link, recent (within the last 12 months or so) amendments to consumer law, still allows the private individual to sell under a buyer beware banner, whether it is a Buy Now or auction offer. The change in law give better leverage for consumers, if the person selling an article can be classed as a trader or retailer (usually by volume of items sold,feedbacks over a short period or reference to eBay shop or alternative website), and as such the Distance Selling Regulations apply.

I would fully agree with Legolas about high postage charges. Many the time, I have been interested in an item, saw a very high postage charge, and contacted the seller about a sensible reduction. One recent purchase that I made was classed as a local sale, and the postage charge was £12.00 for an item that was going to cost less than a third of this to post.Contacted the seller, and suggested that I paid cash on collection at winning entry bid. They agreed, I won, and both of us were happy bunnies!.

SG Atlantis® 16:04 10 Aug 2006

So it won't really apply to me...

I only sell things off now and again when I'm clearing out unwanted stuff.

Last time I sold anything was ages ago.

SG Atlantis® 16:05 10 Aug 2006

and my feedback is 25 total recieved 100% positive, over half of which where purchases rather than sales.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?