The Vulcan Flies again

dagbladet 13:27 18 Oct 2007

Incredible achievment by the team. XH558 flew again this morning at Bruntingthorpe. Look forward to seeing and hearing her next season.

dagbladet 13:28 18 Oct 2007

Sorry meant to add

click here

Chris the Ancient 15:19 18 Oct 2007

I can thoroughly recommend the book "Vulcan 609".

It gives the background and story of the Vulcan that flew to the Falklands and made some holes in the runway there.

laurie53 15:52 18 Oct 2007

Absolutely brilliant.

What an achievement, and what faith - I seem to remember they were in a virtually hopeless position at one point.

sunny staines 16:19 18 Oct 2007

is it the last flying "V" bomber are all the victors,vulcans,varients, and the other one scrapped or museumed now.

Brumas 16:21 18 Oct 2007

I can only echo laurie53's sentiments- - how I would have liked to have been there to see it live!

spuds 16:42 18 Oct 2007

Never heard about or seen the trial runs taking place, and I am very disappointed. I hope the police helicopter, which is based and located in the same area, didn't have a shock, when the big bird took flight.

FreeCell 16:54 18 Oct 2007

Here, here Laurie53. The result of dedication to achieving what some said was impossible.

Enduring memory of being "attacked" by a Vulcan whilst working at Akrotiri, Cyprus. Thing came in low-level, less than 500 feet, above my head and made the ground, let alone my knees, shake, but a magnificent sight.

Earthsea 17:12 18 Oct 2007

I remember seeing one of its last flights at the Chivenor air show (1993?). It is a pretty amazing aircraft to watch and glad it's back.

octal 17:40 18 Oct 2007

I have just finished reading a copy of that book, thoroughly recommend it. It was particularly interesting to me because my son works in the RAF at Marham where the Victors were based, so I'll be passing that book onto him when I see him next.

It's a lovely aircraft, every year we used to have a Vulcan accompanied by a pair of Phantoms go over our house in east London on the Queens birthday, what a sight.

Brumas 17:59 18 Oct 2007

I have to admit, after the Lancaster, the Vulcan is second on my favourite aircraft list followed by the Mosquito, the Short Sunderland and the Shackleton.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?