Visualization...does anybody use this technique to get things done?

Aitchbee 19:37 26 Sep 2011

Occasionally, when I have to do my housework, I need a method of attack. I have tried 'Do 20 things, however simple, then do another 20 things... Another method I use is positive visualization. I look at my piled up dirty dishes,for example, and visualize them all clean and sparkling, inside their cupboards. The same goes for all of the general cleaning and hoovering, which I find difficult to face. Has anybody got any better ways to get things done? I am too embarrassed to ask my relatives and friends to come round for tea.

peter99co 20:08 26 Sep 2011

Ask your friends for their advice and organize a house-keep party.

If they are true friends they will help you.

Don't be embarrassed to ask relatives and friends. They will want to help.

If you don't ask you don't get.

Get a organised and only tackle one task at a time.

Hide all the spare crockery and cutlery away except the set you need. That way you have to wash up before you can eat :o)

Aitchbee 21:01 26 Sep 2011

Thanks, peter99co. When I see helpful advice like yours, I pay heed,... as I need a bit of a push.I am visualizing your advice, now.

ams4127 22:10 26 Sep 2011

Many years ago, while based in Germany, my wife spent a holiday in the UK with our children. I bought many paper plates, together with plastic cups and cutlery. I blagged a couple of large empty baked bean tins from the mess for cooking spuds and veg, and a frying pan. The night before she came back, everything went into the wheelie bin.

I got a lot of "brownie" points for presenting her with a clean kitchen!!

Aitchbee 22:16 26 Sep 2011

I admire your 'slight of hand' ams4127.

wiz-king 05:47 27 Sep 2011

Try turning off you anti-virus and fire wall. You will find after a while that you have lots of spare time to do your housework and will also save money on electricity.

morddwyd 08:26 27 Sep 2011

Don't wait until you have to do your housework.

Simply do one room a day, one day in the garden and one day of rest.

Of course, this only works if you have no more than five rooms.

Kevscar1 09:06 27 Sep 2011

Hire a young attractive maid

LanceAlot 09:12 27 Sep 2011

Or look at it from another viewpoint. Quinton Crisp always asserted that dust never gets any thicker after four years.

Chegs ®™ 14:06 27 Sep 2011

I have a friend who has collected a mound of ash from incense burning over many years,& went into a massive sulk when his mother called round one day while he was out at work & cleaned the house...including hoovering up his large mound of precious ash.

Graphicool1 15:12 27 Sep 2011

You only notice dust if you move an object standing in it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?