Vista wallpaper that didnt make it

WhiteTruckMan 01:41 03 May 2007

Not a wind up, or a funny either. Just some of the pictures that microsoft were considering for bundling with vista as wallpapers, but didnt make the final cut.

click here

WTM

Forum Editor 06:55 03 May 2007

to have taken any one of those.

Kate B 10:26 03 May 2007

I've seen those before, but thank you for posting the link again, WTM. They're all lovely.

carolineann 10:27 03 May 2007

looking at the click here list.thought i recognised at least one of them on my Vista. (Boulder+Sunset)

click here

Well it does look very smilar.

carolineann 10:37 03 May 2007

or even similar :)

"They are all very good"

riiverstock 10:51 03 May 2007

The psycho minds at Microsoft know that most of us would rather be sat looking out onto one of those beautiful landscapes than stressfully sat behind their turgid screens.

Great photos but I'm sure a 3 years old could take them.
Once you are on location,simply 'click'.

Kate B 10:55 03 May 2007

There's been quite a lot of good post-production work done on those shots, probably in Photoshop, which I think is a bit beyond the average three-year-old. For my taste there is a little too much use of colour cast, but that's just my preference - they're lovely landscapes.

WhiteTruckMan 20:56 03 May 2007

have no need to critique a picture. For these sort of things there is only one test. (for me anyhow) thats 'is it pleasing to the eye?' and the answer to that (for those images I posted the link to) is a resounding yes! But I do recognise and appreciate that others are more interested in the nuts and bolts of images, and good for them.

carolineann- He does say that two of them are currently shipped with the vista install disk.

No great shakes though. I merely thought that some would be interested in seeing some of the 'also rans'.

WTM

Monoux 21:02 03 May 2007

WhiteTruckMan -- I appreciated the link - great photos - many thanks

carolineann 12:38 04 May 2007

I did notice my error. :(

I also appreciate the link and the talent of Hamad Darwish.

I did smile to my self when looking at the shots and wondered if Hamad had received appropriate reward for the work.
My mind then turned to who actually had the copyright of the shots published, as they appear to be available for downloading from a number of web sites now.

Would it be the Photographer? or Microsoft?
(bearing in mind there eula,etc.) But that's an other topic I suppose. ;)

Totally-braindead 16:10 04 May 2007

Very nice collection, I would have thought it would have been better for MS to have them all included rather than the few they gave.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?