Vista, (Fresh Delays)

Jimmy14 15:40 28 Jul 2006

"Microsoft shares fell on Thursday after it declined to dampen rumours that its new Windows Vista operating system might face fresh delays."

Its shares closed down 2% after a Microsoft executive appeared to avoid confirming the current January 2007 Vista release data for consumers.

Instead, Microsoft's Kevin Johnson said Vista would be shipped "when it is available".

He was speaking at the firm's annual financial analyst meeting.

Its shares closed down 2% after a Microsoft executive appeared to avoid confirming the current January 2007 Vista release data for consumers.

Instead, Microsoft's Kevin Johnson said Vista would be shipped "when it is available".

He was speaking at the firm's annual financial analyst meeting.

Jimmy14 15:40 28 Jul 2006
  Totally-braindead 18:06 28 Jul 2006
  Forum Editor 18:58 28 Jul 2006

a Microsoft shareholder - shares constantly fluctuate, and Microsoft's are no different to many others in that respect.

Vista will launch when Microsoft is ready, and in the meantime we all have a perfectly good operating system with which to work. I don't intend to lose a wink of sleep over the share price or the launch date.

packettracer 19:15 28 Jul 2006

Oh i can't wait for Vista to launch, all those hungry for it, go on please buy it. As for me i will wait may be a year for all the bugs to be sorted out & the launch of service pack 2 or 3 will do that.

Al94 21:40 28 Jul 2006

Certainly nothing to get excited about!

GANDALF <|:-)> 21:44 28 Jul 2006

Meh! x5

G

DieSse 21:54 28 Jul 2006

*we all have a perfectly good operating system with which to work*

What's the point of a new untried one then?

zarobian 17:37 29 Jul 2006

Love to explore new VISTAS

josie mayhem 23:49 29 Jul 2006

The point a improvement on what we've already got.

I've been using the beta version on one of my computers and I must admit I do like it, yes I've had a couple of odd gliches but up-dates for equipment are coming through pretty quick now and my computer is pretty well settled.

I found going from XP to Vista a lot more easy than going from win98 to XP.

The good news for me is that the longer that it takes M$ to release it to open market the longer I can use it before coughing up the money up for it... Because I know that when the time comes all my conputers will be changed over to vista...

I like it...

dth 17:24 30 Jul 2006

I can't wait myself.

But from a sensible corporate point of view it makes sense to get it right rather than on time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPhone X review

Political cartoons in 2017: Chris Riddell, Rebecca Hendin and Dave Brown on what it’s like to…

The best iPhone for 2017

Tennis : comment regarder la finale de la Coupe Davis 2017 ?