Virus Warning

royalflush 10:09 23 Feb 2007

I cant belive this,my pc was working fine until last night i noticed i kept getting the little yellow icon for when u get "Windows Update's" in the bottom right hand of your desktop, NOW its took me almost 4 minutes to get to this site to post this its much slower than Dailup,before i spend the next 4 hours uninstalling my "OS" then re-installing it with all the updates for all the programs i use,ive NOT d/loaded any files in the last few days so the only thing i can think of is the windows updates..but i cant see how...? i run on Xp Pro (Genuine)!! Has anyone else had the same issue...?? anyway ive tried to add a couple of links to my photobucket account & it simply wont do it but on the yahoo home page i keep getting a message saying "Sorry unable to process your request at this time error code 999" then in google its got a similar message saying "We're sorry but your request looks similar to that of a computer Virus or spyware application we cant process your request right now"
its now took me 20 mins to type this text,

royalflush 10:12 23 Feb 2007

its managed to let me post this within a minute wow,ive got FULL versions of Antivirus & spyware ive run a scan & they detected NOTHING....???? ive also deleted all cookies & page history's still the same...

wee eddie 11:28 23 Feb 2007

The little yellow Icon is very likely Windows Update.

What AV, Firewall and AntiSpyWare are you running?

I assume the you update this daily or weekly at the very least.

VoG II 12:02 23 Feb 2007

Not a virus click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?