Violence after tennis

Joe R 09:25 23 Jan 2009
  Quickbeam 09:40 23 Jan 2009

If it spreads to cricket, then the end of civilisation is nigh...

User-1229748 10:38 23 Jan 2009

crikey if you look at the "see also" on the right it seems to have happened for the last two years aswell.

Noldi 11:31 23 Jan 2009

In our company we have 1 Serbian and 1 Bosnian in the same department from this easern Euopean divide.
This hatred between the 2 sides goes back a long way. They can work together profesionaly but I dont think you would see them down the pub together.

Noldi

interzone55 12:27 23 Jan 2009

They often have violent scenes in India / Pakistan tests.

I was in Rawalpindi one year when violence broke out and most of the chairs ended up on the pitch. It was worse than any football violence I've ever seen.

Then there was the fighting at a cup match between Todorden & Accrington last year
click here

But all this stems from the origins of cricket, which commemorates the Krikkit Wars - click here

Colin 12:41 23 Jan 2009

And I thought that it was only English football supporters that caused trouble...

Could you imagine the uproar if it involved English spectators?

Strawballs 12:45 23 Jan 2009

Had it been British supporters then they would have banned all the British competitors for a couple of years!

pcmags 14:41 23 Jan 2009

No baton charges by the police or the threat of drawing weapons.

JanetO 15:01 23 Jan 2009

I recall smuggly saying to my husband at least there's no violence in snooker. The next day Alex Higgins headbutted a referee.

interzone55 15:12 23 Jan 2009

Alex Higgins used to live near me, and I remember one night tripping over him as he was sprawled drunkenly across the pavement in the centre of town.

I bumped into him again in Guernsey when he decided the best way to quite the demon drink was to live with Oliver Read...

natdoor 20:42 23 Jan 2009

Ah well, there's still golf to show how one should behave.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?