Video on the Move

laurie53 08:57 12 Nov 2007

A caption in the current issue of PCA says that "Video on the move is no longer a novelty, it's essential".

While my son might want me to look at a video of himself standing next to Kylie, I cannot, off the top of my head, think of any "essential" video content which I must have on the move.

What sort of content is "essential" to you (I do not count any sports content as "essential", nor election results!)?

crosstrainer 09:35 12 Nov 2007

On my laptop to be honest, I agree but this could be an age thing? I have an xda capable of displaying video, but never actually use the function.

anchor 13:36 12 Nov 2007

Essential?; essential for who?.

Certainly not for me,

dagbladet 14:43 12 Nov 2007

Could they mean that the ability of a device (phone/iplayer) to record and play video on the move is essential, or the device would be regarded as uncompetetive?

I don't know, just having a stab.

youtruth 14:56 12 Nov 2007

Ideal use would be when one is on the way to view a new house.

The estate agent could feed you blissful music and scenes of the new neighbours having their usual weekend 'come-along' street parties!

On a dangerous note, terrorists could use it to update their operatives, when on a mission.
But, GCH Q would appreciate this.

Earthsea 15:36 12 Nov 2007

I'm also a little flummoxed. Video on the move may be essential to some but I suspect for the vast majority it isn't. I doubt it's even a consideration for most, let alone essential. Also worth noting that people prefer to text each other rather than speak via a video link.

Perhaps it's talking about teenagers watching music videos?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?