veggie fox

sunny staines 15:57 01 Aug 2008

I was up all night, on looking out of the patio windows saw a fox jumping up at various fruit trees, at the time i thought it was probably hunting large moths.

This morning found the lawn littered with plums, apples and figs covered in tooth and claw marks.

Anyone else had this with foxes before?

Forum Editor 16:07 01 Aug 2008

It enables them to survive. In the winter, when food is often in short supply I've seen foxes digging up bulbs in my garden and eating them.

sunny staines 16:20 01 Aug 2008

there is plenty of squirrels, rats, mice, weasels,rabbits, hedgehogs, & toads around here perhaps they are getting lazy but the fruit was not eaten apart from some figs none of it was ripe just wasted.

jimv7 17:53 01 Aug 2008

Slightly different note,

My old german shepherd developed a bad case of the trots, visits to the vet could not cure it, an xray was taken in case of internal problems, there were none.

One morning after letting him out, I glanced out of the window to see him climbing the apple tree and stealing apples which he ate as quick as he could.

Stopping him eating apples and that cured the trots, could have saved a fortune in vets bills by watching him in the mornings.

Pesala 23:48 01 Aug 2008

The Fox and the Grapes is a fable attributed to Aesop. The protagonist, a fox, upon failing to find a way to reach grapes hanging high up on a vine, retreated and said: "The grapes are sour anyway!"

click here

€dstowe 08:27 02 Aug 2008

The foxes that visit my garden seem very partial to eating slugs.

sunny staines 21:25 02 Aug 2008

€dstowe

we do not have slugs the toads eat them, i dont think the fox eats the toads due to the yellow markings on their backs.

anchor 10:38 04 Aug 2008

Our two foxes turn their noses up at boiled potatoes, bread, and the fallen apples from our trees.

They have been spoilt by the chicken drumsticks and cake we give them.

Here is a picture of one of them waiting for his supper.

click here

Quickbeam 11:19 04 Aug 2008

He looks very tame, do you have frequent visits of expectation?

sunny staines 12:28 04 Aug 2008

we don't feed the foxes in the hope they stay away due to the screaming they do at night keeps us awake.

anchor 11:59 05 Aug 2008

Quickbeam: Yes, both come every evening, and sometimes even in the daytime in hope of food.

We have never heard any screaming from them at any time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Acer Predator 21X review

These hilarious robot GIFs will be sure to make you smile

Best podcast apps for iPhone & iPad

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie