User Manuals

Pine Man 13:31 31 Dec 2009

My brother-in-law bought his mother, who is in her eighties, a photo frame for Christmas.

They waited for me to arrive on Boxing Day to help set up the photoframe with some photos I had brought on a USB stick.

The frame came with 'Quick Start' instructions, which meant that all you could do was watch a pre-installed display of about 6 photos. I managed to get a display to run from my USB stick but could not copy the contents to the frame.

Why, I hope you are all asking yourselves!

Because the user manual was on a bloody CD and neither my brother-in-law nor mother-in-law have access to a computer or can even use one.

Quickbeam 13:37 31 Dec 2009

It must be a sign of the times that they naturally expect that anyone buying any technology is fully techie-literate.

michaelw 13:47 31 Dec 2009

It also saves a few forests.

wiz-king 13:51 31 Dec 2009

Dont buy a LG television then! The manuals are also on CD.

Woolwell 14:15 31 Dec 2009

Actually I think that the photo frame manufacturer could reasonably expect that someone would have access to a computer otherwise how were the photos going to get to the frame? It does save paper.

peter99co 15:22 31 Dec 2009

I had an Email before Xmas about a A767/600 at Toulouse being crashed into a Blast Wall and written off because the Arab Crew had not consulted the Flight Engine Run-up Manual.

Quickbeam 15:22 31 Dec 2009

Was that manual on CD too...?

peter99co 15:43 31 Dec 2009

Sorry wrong spec.

click here

Someone switched off the ground detector and the brakes went off because the plane thought it was in the air.

The Manual cost $300. Cost of Aircraft?

Pine Man 15:50 31 Dec 2009

Not necessarily.

The pictures can be downloaded either direct from your camera by cable or by using the memory card from the camera.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:15 31 Dec 2009

Now if they had put the instructions in the form of the preinstalled display....

maybe life would be easier?

TonyV 19:02 31 Dec 2009

We had a Sony Frame for Christmas and that one came with a manual in paper! Even so I had difficulty getting pictures on to the storage facility of the Frame. We eventually managed it by drag and drop, and I used an Epson R300 and its card reader to drag and drop to the supplied card. This worked fine. Also look here click here .

Have fun!

TonyV

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone