User Consumables

morddwyd 20:14 28 Apr 2010

Bought a new vacuum cleaner today.

Tried to buy a couple of packets of bags to go with it.

"Ah, yes. They'll have to go on special order."

Excuse me? Vacuum cleaner bags, paper bags?

Correction - we were going to buy a new vacuum cleaner today.

We didn't.

john bunyan 20:19 28 Apr 2010

Get a "Henry" or one of his relatives and a re-usable bag About £95.Many contractors use them.

Proclaimer 20:33 28 Apr 2010

and they will send you 10 bags for free every year.

canarieslover 20:42 28 Apr 2010

There are plenty of cleaners around that don't use bags. Depending on budget,£200 or so Dyson complete range are bag free, Vax have bag free from about £50. If you decide on a Dyson, try before you buy, the ball type can be a strain on the wrist.

morddwyd 20:43 28 Apr 2010

Afraid we have other considerations as well as the availability of bags, like weight and ease of use with one hand while sitting in a wheelchair.

We already have a Miele, bags are easy enough but it's now too heavy.

Don't know who "Henry" is but his bag costs about twice as much as the cleaner.

canarieslover 20:44 28 Apr 2010

Here's Henry.
click here

sunnystaines 21:17 28 Apr 2010

had a dyson just over a year, its excellent carpet comes up very well, plus no bags, only moan its loud.

BT 07:36 29 Apr 2010

I get mine from here

click here

Much cheaper, excellent service.
I also get cookerhood filters from here

onthelimit 10:04 29 Apr 2010

The price quoted was for the whole machine - it does not use disposable bags. Very light and easy to move around (it follows you on rollers), but is straight vaccuum - not 'beats as it sweeps'.

hastelloy 12:40 29 Apr 2010

The Dyson DC24 only weighs 5.4 Kg and is very easy to use. I've just bought one for my mother who is 91.

Bingalau 13:58 29 Apr 2010

I have noticed that most hotels use "Henry's" and as for Dysons, well the one I bought at an exorbitant price proved useless after a couple of months. I guess the hotel chains know which one is better. At present I am using one I bought for about thirty quid in Makro five years ago and it is the best one I have eve used. Don't know what make it is...Sorry.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017