US Debate

laurie53 09:23 08 Oct 2008

I didn't see the actual debate, only second hand news reports, but did Obama really say that he would attack Pakistan if he thought bin Laden was there?

newman35 09:48 08 Oct 2008

I watched and took it that he said that IF Bin Laden was known to be over the border AND Pakistan refused to go after him, then he would be prepared to go in and get him.

This was not saying he would attack Pakistan - I hope!!
(Apologies, caps were for emphasis, not shouting!).

laurie53 11:25 08 Oct 2008

On wonders what the US reaction would have been if, twenty years ago, one of our politicians had said that we were prepared to cross the border into Ireland to get senior PIRA commanders who were known to be there!

Cymro. 11:33 08 Oct 2008

As an insomniac I heard the actual debate via headphones on Radio 5 in the early hours and fell asleep much earlier than I have done for a very long time.

Cymro. 14:47 08 Oct 2008

"Do you remember the good old days when George W was President?"

Or how about the good old days when John Major was Prim-Minister.

crosstrainer 14:58 08 Oct 2008

The whole thing live....Frankly they both come over as bland, hollow individuals with very little substance in the way of policy.

Remind you of anyone?

peter99co 15:02 08 Oct 2008

Is McCain a real person? He looks a bit android to me.

crosstrainer 15:20 08 Oct 2008

Marvin? :))

MAJ 19:12 08 Oct 2008

".........that we were prepared to cross the border into Ireland to get senior PIRA commanders who were known to be there!"

Tried it but it didn't work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?