An unwelcome christmas box

lofty29 19:50 02 Dec 2008

Hi first I must apologise for bringing this up, but feel the need to talk to somebody and look on you lot as friends, also ticking this as resolved because I don't want my wife worried if she see's the replies in the inbox. She knows by the way. Just been diagnosed with a nasty, had my ct scan today and seeing the consultant next week for final results, and whether it is treatable or not, depends whether it has spead,funnily enough as a heavy smoker been expecting something, but turns out this is unlikely to be caused by the fags, much more a possibility that the long term medication I have to take is the root cause. Not feeling worried for myself, which is strange, perhaps that comes later!!!

jack 19:57 02 Dec 2008

Had postate biopsy on December 23rd 2006 and immediately after the Xmas break - the dreaded 'Come and see me' letter.
But immediate medication plus radio therapy every day for a month, later in the year - and currently all is well.
So chin up- there may be nothing to it.

mobileman1953 19:57 02 Dec 2008

sorry to hear your bad news hope it is treatable good luck

laurie53 20:08 02 Dec 2008

As you say, a dreadful Christmas box.

I wish you all the best in the world.

wellshgit 23:37 02 Dec 2008

Hope all goes well. I suppose that would be the best Christmas present you could wish for.

Forum Editor 23:43 02 Dec 2008

apart from how sorry I am to hear your news. Optimism might be a little difficult to summon up at the moment, but the chances are you'll get some good news next week. I certainly hope so.

lofty29 09:10 03 Dec 2008

Thank you for your good wishes, the problem is that it is a particularly nasy form, if it has not spread they can carry out a major operation, but the figures are not brilliant, however if it has spread, which I will find out next week, then only paliliative treatment is possible, afraid at the moment my fag consumption has gone through the roof, but if I am offered the op; that will have to stop of course. Still at the worst have nearly made the old three score and ten.

Brumas 12:55 03 Dec 2008

Just seen this and all I can say, and I know it probably sounds trite, is Hope springs Eternal. I do hope you manage to cope with whatever transpires.

rdave13 15:53 03 Dec 2008

Sincerely hope you get good news next week.

Cymro. 16:06 03 Dec 2008

There is very little I can say that will make any real difference, so perhaps you should just hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

You seem to be taking the right attitude and I hope you get the good luck that I am sure you deserve.

lofty29 17:47 09 Dec 2008

Hi Guys, well had a meeting with the consultant today, he is now passing me to the oncology team, the good news is that the cancer has not spread and an operation is possible, but there are lots of test's first to make sure that I can stand it. So a while to go yet, thanks again for your good wishes lofty.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?