A Unusual bit of help needed!

  BlueLagoon 21:56 18 Jun 2009

I need some good advice please, I know I can go to the CAB but that won't be until next week now as iam busy tomorrow,

What it is my father passed away a few weeks ago he was 59 no age at all, anyway he was working for a company & he was using a Bobcat digger click here

In a ship's Hull that transported Cement powder & his job was to drag the hard stuff out with the digger,

He worked 12-15 hours per day 5 days a week down in that ship's hull, Every day when he left I've heard him & the rest of the gang had a cement ring around there face masks & it had to be literally snapped off in places as it was that thick!
Eventually my father & his workmates all became sick & my father was bleeding internally so he left the job & he complained with the rest of the workers they didn't have enough breathing apparatus because the company they worked for only supplied them with this type of mask click here a paper mask which was a major error on the company's behalf,

They started legal proceedings against the company & it's been somewhere in the region of Three & a half years, Now where I would like to ask advice If FE wouldn't mind cause I am totally lost here is that My father has no other children & I haven't spoken to him in 4 years but he never supported me at all in my life so I believe that I should be entitled to the money IF he is entitled to any?
The problem I have is that my Aunts & uncles are after the money themselves even though they know my father was Never there for me although I tried 5 times throughout my life to keep us together he was just a loner, My Aunts & Uncles wont disscuss Any of the details with me & i think thats wrong!

Anyway I have No details of his solicitor only his DOB/Name & some other basics so does anyone know anyway I can find out who he was dealing with.?
FE I would be VERY grateful if you would leave this "LIVE" please I appreciate this is not a Legal Advice line but I would like to ask other members.?

  Brumas 22:08 18 Jun 2009

All our advice, however well intended will not serve you well, you really need to see a solicitor.

  Forum Editor 22:55 18 Jun 2009

and the last place you should be asking for help and advice is in a public web forum. I don't wish to sound unsympathetic, but we're not in any position to offer help based on a short, one-sided account of what sounds like a complex legal action that is being compounded by a family feud.

Brumas is right - you need to discuss this with a lawyer. I wish you well with it. I'm sorry to hear of your father's death.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?