Unlocking Motorola RAZR v3i

drbeeching 16:47 12 Apr 2007

I have been given this phone by my Sister as she gets a new phone each year & this is her old one.
But it's locked to Orange & i'm with o2.
How easy is it to unlock them?
Could it damage the mobile?
Anyone know of anywhere i could get it done while i wait in SW London or Surrey/East Sussex

Giant68 17:05 12 Apr 2007

I had my RAZR unlocked by a guy at our local market, in Southampton. He plugged it into his laptop pressed a few keys gave it back and charged me a fiver, worked a treat. But it could easily have gone wrong, I suppose. Here in the sunny south there are quite a few independent mobile phone shops who offer unlocking services relatively cheap. I would have thought that there would be some near you.

Giant68

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:06 12 Apr 2007

You can get unlock codes off the web a little risky but I hav done it with several different phones.

or much safer

take it into a phone shop most of them advertise unlocking they use an "clip" to unlock the phone,
should cost approx a fiver and done in a few minutes.

Next time post for help in the Helproom', to get a better chance of an answer.

;0)

drbeeching 17:13 12 Apr 2007

Been told the V3i needs soldering?
3 places i have tried all want to keep the phone & give it back to me in 2 days time, cant be that difficult for a Pro to do is it?????

Thought the topic was more Speakers Corner than Help Room.

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:42 12 Apr 2007

Ther eis no need to solder and any indy phone/computer shop will do it for a tenner or less.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017