Unfortunately *yourname*

PurplePenny 23:40 17 May 2006

Following on from pj123's thread on forum names:
click here
... have any of you tried the "unfortunately" search?

You type "unfortunately *yourname*" into Google and the results can be amusing.

"Unfortunately Penny’s writings have not survived" - maybe I shouldn't have done it all in invisible ink! They would have been best sellers.

"Unfortunately Penny had very little training before arriving here so she is still lacking in some of the basics" - don't most teachers just write "could try harder"?

"Unfortunately, Penny has herself fallen into the trap of stereotyping" - I'm purple! All purple people live in fear of the one-horned, one-eyed, flying purple-people-eater. How is that stereotyping?

SANTOS7 23:45 17 May 2006

My username relates to among other things "Karakterbog" AM I BOVVERED!!!!!! Nooooooooo...

Forum Editor 23:47 17 May 2006

"Unfortunately,such a model is difficult, maybe impossible, to pull off."

Let's not go there.

De Marcus™ 23:54 17 May 2006

As amusing as this may seem top of the list is SEA SLUGS for me, my wife agrees.

SANTOS7 00:01 18 May 2006

Be interested to know if the FE where to have a username for this forum what it would be and why?

€dstowe 06:31 18 May 2006

I understand that in his pre-forum editor days FE was known as China.

Sethhaniel 10:10 18 May 2006

Unfortunately, Seth's algorithm has cubic time complexity, which makes it useless for anything much bigger than the above example,

think i'll leave it at that ;0

rmcqua 15:09 18 May 2006

With the "unfortunately", only links to this forum. Without it, add a few E-Bay links and that's about it. So much for fame!

realist 15:10 18 May 2006

"Unfortunately Roger’s body hasn’t been kind to him and he has been unable to train with the team, or run out a game as he or we would have liked this year. ..."

Mr Mistoffelees 18:04 18 May 2006

"Unfortunately I don't have time to write about it now, because my dear queenie is tossing my new favorite toy around, which happens to be the bounciest ball ..."

recap 18:20 18 May 2006

I tried with my real name and got a few business emails come up from Feb 2003 in the search.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?