UK phone-hacking scandal escalates

michaelw 11:33 11 Feb 2011

Britain's Metropolitan Police have informed Lord Prescott of 'significant new evidence' they uncovered in their probe into to his phone hacking claim.

click here

I'm not sure Prescot's got much to worry about. Even GCHQ would be hard-pressed to decypher his conversations.

wiz-king 14:08 11 Feb 2011

You appear to be under the impression - like a lot of people - that it was his phone that was allegedly hacked. I was not, it was his voice-mail stored on the computer at the service provider and anybody can listen to that if they have his phone number and voice-mail pin. For Orange see click here I dare say the others have a similar arrangement.

JanetO 15:40 11 Feb 2011

I think you'll find, if you bothered to face reality, the police are treating it as a hacking case. It's still illegal to steal a pin number. Plus there's lots of others, including celebrities who are in the same boat as Lord Prescot click here

The case was so significant that Andy Coulson had to resign.

wiz-king 15:52 11 Feb 2011

But it wasnt's his phone that was hacked. That's the point I am making - if anything was 'hacked' it was the computer at the phone provider and the hacking could have been as easy as puting in his phone number and a 4 digit pin.

morddwyd 19:30 11 Feb 2011

"u appear to be under the impression - like a lot of people - that it was his phone that was allegedly hacked. I was not, it was his voice-mail"

"There was no evidence yet that voicemail had been hacked, police said"

click here

JanetO 09:18 08 Jul 2011

The hacking situation really has escalated now, hasn't it? It makes some silly comments look even sillier now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?