UK 'On Cusp Of Second Banking Failure'

Uboat 10:15 04 Oct 2010

IS there "Any" good news around ..

click here

Quickbeam 10:23 04 Oct 2010

It won't happen if the moaning pensioners get out spend their vast savings.

Apparently...

jack 10:27 04 Oct 2010

What savings?
Anyway at my age[77] I have one each of everything needed.
What else is there to spend it on?

johndrew 10:30 04 Oct 2010

You could always waste it on increases in energy costs, petrol, rates and by buying unnecessary items like food ;-)

Alternatively I have the address of this poor banker .........

interzone55 11:22 04 Oct 2010

Which figure is the result of "calculations made by an extreme left-wing think tank which would love them to come true because it believes that economic growth is something to be despised." the £6bn you mention of the £1.2tn in Uboat's link.

I know nothing about the New Economics Foundation...

spuds 11:23 04 Oct 2010

Second Banking Failure.

Are we not still in the first, or is this a media non-story?.

mole44 13:43 04 Oct 2010

If it wasn`t for us pensioners saving,you feckless spenders would have no overdraft and be in the mire you`ve probablly created by spending my savings.Live within your means.

interzone55 13:53 04 Oct 2010

I kind of thought it would be that.

I'm sure I mentioned on one of the recession based threads last year that the bank bailout would probably make us a profit in the end, but I was laughed off by the Daily Mail readers...

Forum Editor 18:34 04 Oct 2010

a Think Tank is a bunch of people who do research and come up with reports - usually (but not always)for the vested interests who funded the research.

An example of the kind of thing The NEF publishes is "21 hours: Why a shorter working week can help us all to flourish in the 21st century"

They've done some good work, but as far as I know they aren't up there with the stellar economic thinkers of our day. I intend to lose nil sleep over this 'cusp of second banking failure' scaremongering

morddwyd 20:19 04 Oct 2010

No wish to get personal, but I do tend to view some of Uboat's posts with a jaundiced eye!

No offence, Uboat!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?