UCOS (New Tricks) Alive and Well!

morddwyd 10:08 12 Sep 2011

It appears that New Tricks has become reality.

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/News/Fife/article/17180/retired-top-detective-to-lead-inquiry-into-colin-marr-s-unsolved-death.html

(For those that don't know, New Tricks is a TV series about a UK team of retired detectives tackling cold cases)

SparkyJack 11:21 12 Sep 2011

I suspect [but cannot confirm] that 'UCOS' and the similar series 'Waking the dead'do have similar units in various police forces-

It is plain that some sort of review activity is going on all the time judging by the number of cases being reported as reviewed- and it would not be at all surprising that these are manned by retired but experienced personnel.

Aitchbee 11:55 12 Sep 2011

Detectives should be made to work on 'til they are 65.After all, they are public sector workers.George Gently is a good example - apart from the number of ciggies he gets through in an hour and a half.

gengiscant 12:21 12 Sep 2011

New Tricks,is that the program that everyone seems willing to pour their heart out to the non-police officers at the slightest hint of a threat?

Bring back the Sweeney. LOL

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:17 12 Sep 2011

The villains in new tricks "pour their hearts out" as soon as Gerry makes a threat they, must remember him having seen him in the Sweeny

:0)

gengiscant 13:34 12 Sep 2011

Quite true 'Fruit Bat' quite true.

Forum Editor 19:21 12 Sep 2011

"Bring back the Sweeney."

Please don't. Watch it now,and you would cringe at the dire plot lines and ludicrous, over the top dramatisations.

As for New Tricks - it's well-made, and nicely played. It got an audience of over 9 million last week, outstripping every other BBC 1 transmission except Eastenders, and that only squeaked into top place by a couple of hundred thousand viewers.

Aitchbee 19:46 12 Sep 2011

I think Dennis Waterman is more fondly remembered as Arfur Daley's compadre, Terry, in 'Minder' and the hit song "I could be so good for you". 'All right,Guv.'

morddwyd 20:57 12 Sep 2011

"Watch it now,and you would cringe at the dire plot lines and ludicrous, over the top dramatisations. "

I did and I did!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?