Two asian men

Forum Editor 17:23 30 Jun 2007

have attempted to drive a burning Cherokee Jeep at high speed into the main entrance of Glasgow airport.

click here

crosstrainer 17:28 30 Jun 2007

It seems that the terminal building caught fire, but there are no reports of any casualty's as yet. According to a taxi driver who was on the spot, "Something in the jeep caught fire prior to it being driven into the building" All usual caveats apply.... don't jump to conclusions etc. However, it does seem like a continuation or link to the events of the last 24 hours.

Al94 17:28 30 Jun 2007

Obviously not a terrorist attack, sounds like two idiots high on something looking for something to do on a wet Saturday afternoon! At least they both managed to burn themselves in the process.

Forum Editor 17:31 30 Jun 2007

that she saw the men pouring petrol into the car before the crash, and at least one of the men was pouring petrol over himself.

One deranged person I can understand, but two...?

Both men are under arrest, so no doubt we'll soon hear some more.

Joe R 17:36 30 Jun 2007

The latest now, is that four men have been arrested, all seemingly of Asian appearance.

crosstrainer 17:36 30 Jun 2007

I have just heard another eyewitness say the same, if this was a terror related incident, it seems to have been poorly organised and "Off the cuff"

Legolas 17:37 30 Jun 2007

Just seen it on the Scottish news, too soon to say what it was all about.

I live a few miles from the Airport it seems a bit strange when something like this happens on your doorstep bit unsettling.

Legolas 17:41 30 Jun 2007

It seems there might have been gas cannisters in the jeep

Guardianangel 17:49 30 Jun 2007

I trust that security will be racked up at all UK airports, just in case.

Forum Editor 18:00 30 Jun 2007

I think you can count on it. I'm flying out of Heathrow next week, and I think I'll allow an extra hour in the airport.

Legolas 18:09 30 Jun 2007

I have watched with sympathy over the last few years regarding the terrorist attacks in London, but living 500 or so miles away near Glasgow it never really hit home how these things make you feel, now it has happened on my doorstep, albeit with thankfully with no loss of life, I now know how they feel.

I am livid extremely angry that these people think they have the right to terrorise ordinary people going about there daily lives, nothing like this has happened in Scotland before and I know I feel less safe now than I did a few hours ago, it seems the terrorists were trying to crash into the terminal building and one report says they had Molotov cocktails primed and ready to throw. I will say no more as I am really to angry to think straight.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

This is what design agencies will look like in 2032

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache