TV presenter Raymond Baxter dies

Belatucadrus 19:56 15 Sep 2006

click here The voice of Tomorrows World passed away at 84, this dignified man had the kind of voice that could persuade you of anything, he just oozed veracity. Indeed he must bear some responsibility for some of us still being disappointed by our not getting the much vaunted flying cars and robotic houses, he seemed so sure.
In this world of D list celeb TV presenters, his like will not be seen again. Thank you Raymond and rest in peace.

anskyber 20:02 15 Sep 2006

Indeed, I recall as a youth being so excited about watching TW and the excellent presentation by Raymond Baxter.

abbott8 20:04 15 Sep 2006

Also a fighter pilot during the battle of britain I beleive, one of the heroic 'few'

Al94 20:38 15 Sep 2006

TW mas a magical proframme in its day

Al94 20:39 15 Sep 2006

No f in programme!

Jim Thing 22:59 15 Sep 2006

Perhaps your f in telly's broke...:-)

Sorry FE. Couldn't resist. Won't do it again.

Input Overload 00:18 16 Sep 2006

I used to love watching tomorrow's world.

dagbladet 00:24 16 Sep 2006

Raymond Baxter - Top Man - RIP

Sapins 09:17 16 Sep 2006

He was a dignified man and he will have a dignified response to his death with no hysterical outpouring of , at best, misplaced grief, as per the recent death of an Australian.

R.I.P.

1minute 09:54 16 Sep 2006

As a young child i can remember him on TW. He brought the subject over so easily. He was as well a former RAF Sqn-Leader in WWII, a fine man. I hope the BBC put on show some of the great work he did.

Forum Editor 10:41 16 Sep 2006

My father's company always exhibited there, and Raymond Baxter happened to vsit the stand. I was there for the free champagne and smoked salmon, and knew nothing about the aircraft industry. Nevertheless, Baxter sat down and chatted to me as if I was a respected industry expert. he didn't patronise, or exhibit the slightest sign of 'do you know who I am?'

We talked about technology for half an hour, and he made a huge impression - he was certainly a charismatic character.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?