TV

Chas49 20:43 26 Dec 2008

For the first time in yonks my TV has remained off this evening for all I can see advertised is the same old c**p! Or am I being unduly grumpy?

Come back Victor Meldrew, all is forgiven.

€dstowe 21:47 26 Dec 2008

I've not had the TV on for several days. I don't watch it very much in any case but the recent offerings have, in my opinion, been dire.

tullie 21:52 26 Dec 2008

Please tick as resolved lol

bluto1 22:21 26 Dec 2008

my wholehearted agreement.

Chas49 22:47 26 Dec 2008

I take it that you agree that the TV offerings are complete rubbish. What's the use of having a great LCD screen when it has nothing of interest or quality to show. Bah...humbug!

Stuartli 23:54 26 Dec 2008

Wallace and Gromit was worth the licence fee alone last night - not surprisingly it attracted the biggest audience of the entire holiday period, some fourteen-and-a-half million viewers.

But TV, as with all things, can only please some of the people some of the time, which is why you have to plan your viewing day by day.

Sadly, we have become blase about television programmes because there is so much on offer and, naturally, the overall quality suffers.

Perhaps having just four or five terrestrial channels wasn't such a bad idea after all...:-)

Forum Editor 00:50 27 Dec 2008

but perhaps our tastes are easily satisfied.

Sometimes I think people expect too much from TV, it's simply an entertainment medium,one among several.

Chegs ®™ 00:59 27 Dec 2008

TV was tat,so was the radio(I got sick of hearing each stations version of the xmas top ten)DVD's I'd been given are watchable,if you enjoy looking at your TV thru the letterbox(cant get the player set to display a fullscreen,it has black bands top/bottom)and family meant I couldnt retire to my PC for long without someone reading my screen over my shoulder and then discussing whatever they'd seen meaning I was being asked to go back to whatever website.The more I think about the days events,the more favourable I am to the prospect of christmas being banned forever. :)

laurie53 10:54 27 Dec 2008

Wasn't affected by this particular piece of BBC chicanery, but it seems par for the course.

Can we ever get Greg Dyke back?

I know he made a mistake, but others have made bigger ones, and more of them.

ulrich 18:32 27 Dec 2008

Repeat after repeat of programmes on a couple of weeks ago. Boxing day some good programmmes on about the real entertainers of years ago. I am looking forward to the 39 Steps on Sunday, at least a new version of an old story. I spent Christmas on my own and was never so bored in my life, I suppose it was wishful thinking something of interest would be on. Eastenders, Coronation St. Come Dancing the same old rubbish that you can watch 365 days of the year. At least I had a couple of good books to read.

mrwoowoo 18:45 27 Dec 2008

"Wallace and Gromit was worth the licence fee alone last night"
So you would pay £139.50 for a dvd of Wallace and Gromit. I think not.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017