Turkey Scare

realist 12:41 10 Feb 2007

Oh dear, I shall no longer be buying Bernard Matthews Norfolk (Hungarian?) Turkey Slices for my cat.....

MichelleC 13:21 10 Feb 2007

Why? As long as you handle it with rubber gloves with a face mask on and cook it at 1000 degrees celcius it'll be fine. The FSA says it is.

surfmonkey #:@}© 13:25 10 Feb 2007

whey not as long as the cat lives youll be safe
any way all produced meat will be ok if its/you cook it as this will kill any infection
i love turkey twizzles and chips
and shall go on buying them
we are all going to die sometime

big bloke66 13:30 10 Feb 2007

I`ll have some, our cat hates me ! :-)))

Kate B 13:37 10 Feb 2007

If you eat turkey twizzlers and chips I think you'll be dying sooner than the rest of us ;-)

GANDALF <|:-)> 13:46 10 Feb 2007

Anyone eating that reconstituted muck was in much more danger before the Bird Flu fiasco. The force-fed and force aged battery Turkeys used bear little resemblance to 'real' Turkeys and cannot even mate. Any Bird Flu (if there was any) would have been killed by the processing and cooking at low temps will also kill it. Storm+in+a+teacup.

G

surfmonkey #:@}© 13:48 10 Feb 2007

for some reason i absoluly LOVE them if i die tough thats life ill will be just another statitic. hey but if i die from eating turkey twizzles now I night be remembered well i night even get in the news hey good hedline "bernard matthew twizzler killer" lol

Forum Editor 14:04 10 Feb 2007

is no more likely to contract bird flu by eating Hungarian turkey than you are, and you can't catch it by eating cooked meat. Cats can be infected, but only in the same way as humans - by coming into contact with live infected birds or their faeces. As yet here are no recorded cases of cats passing the virus to other cats.

It's been said a million times, and I wonder why some people don't seem to have got the message.

surfmonkey #:@}© 14:08 10 Feb 2007

MMMMMM enjoying lovely fresh cooked turkey twizzlers right now cant get enought ive got more chance of getting stomach ache for being a glutton than any other infection

realist 14:27 10 Feb 2007

FE
I know, I know, I know....!

My post was intended to be sort of light-hearted and tongue-in-cheek.

Maisie Belle is however rather partial to those turkey slices which we are in the habit of buying just for her..........purrrrrr

Forum Editor 15:06 10 Feb 2007

I'm sorry, I missed the tongue in the cheek.

I'm suffering from a slight sense of humour lapse today, due entirely to the man who parked across my driveway entrance overnight. We couldn't get our cars out this morning, and my wife was due in a clinic, where she had a 17-patient list awaiting her. As you can imagine, we were a tad irrtitated, and when the driver appeared at 10:30 and said 'Sorry mate, I had a few last night, and when I hit the post I thought I had better cab it home' my blood pressure rocketed. I hadn't noticed my broken gatepost.

My apologies for overreacting to turkey slices and cats.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?