'The Truth'

Seth Haniel 09:56 29 Apr 2009

click here

"The Truth" by Painter Michael D'Antuono which was to be unveiled on President Obama's 100th Day in Office at NYC's Union Square.

Think the artist got cold feet with the controversy it has raised

Quickbeam 10:34 29 Apr 2009

He might turn out to be a rubbish president. No-one thought Brown would turn out be quite as bad as he has.

jack 10:40 29 Apr 2009

Make 200 word of Brown's competency in the PM job when in fact the situation is best described in two words
Promoted to Incompetence
A well known factor in business of course when an individual is Best left doing the job they were good at.

Marko797 11:22 29 Apr 2009

isn't that 3 words?

Seth Haniel 11:40 29 Apr 2009

I just used that link as it showed the painting in bigger than thumbnail form - the piece about the artist getting cold feet is from a totally seperate link

Seth Haniel 12:48 29 Apr 2009

i've set it as wallpaper on my desktop for today ;)

Forum Editor 16:54 29 Apr 2009

with absolutely no artistic merit. The kind of thing that belongs amongst the stuff painted on velvet that 'students' peddle from door to door.

Kemistri 17:39 29 Apr 2009

If anyone happened to see a collection of very bad paintings of Obama on the Telegraph website earlier this year, they will know that this one is not too far off being the worst. click here

And with regard to Gordon Brown, I agree fully with fourm member.

Jim Thing 19:32 29 Apr 2009

"...Promoted to Incompetence"

Isn't that known as The Peter Principle, named after Canadian Professor Lawrence Peter. IIRC it states that, in any hierarchical organisation, people rise to the level of their own incompetence.

Commerce and industry are full of middle-rank managers who are living proof of the Peter Principle.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Illustrator Mariana Rodrigues' beautiful flora and fauna for Bombay Sapphire gin

How to remove Mac ransomware

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?