Trust

laurie53 20:12 25 Feb 2009

Just seen a little snippet in this month's mag that 70% of UK web users try to snoop on their partners online activity (Page 19, top right).

Now I could understand such activity if your suspicions have already been aroused, but this means that the vast majority of people do not trust their partners and are trying to catch them out.

I would no more think of tracing my wife's online activity than I would of opening her mail.

So, do most of you snoop on your partner?

Clapton is God 20:41 25 Feb 2009

"I would no more think of tracing my wife's online activity than I would of opening her mail"

I agree with you entirely.

And the same applies to my daughters as well. I don't spy on their internet activity and I don't open their mail.

tullie 20:55 25 Feb 2009

No

oresome 20:55 25 Feb 2009

"this means that the vast majority of people do not trust their partners and are trying to catch them out."

Is this a conclusion drawn by the survey or by you?

wiz-king 21:21 25 Feb 2009

I open and read all the e-mail for the pair of us. My excuse is -- my wife is severely dyslexic and she has trouble reading them and if she replies to anyone other than her sister and a few close friends they cant understand the reply so I have to do it anyway. However she can surf the web to her hearts content and I don't check up on that.

laurie53 21:53 25 Feb 2009

"Is this a conclusion drawn by the survey or by you?"

Since 70% of people "have admitted to snooping on their partners....." it is a bit more than a conclusion, more of a fact.

bluto1 21:56 25 Feb 2009

Your wife is fortunate to have a very caring husband. Good fortune to you both.

Chegs ®™ 01:30 26 Feb 2009

I have MSN Messenger set to "keep a record of conversations" on all my PC's,not for snooping but to confirm what I actually said rather than what my contacts thought I'd said.I then simply email the whole conversation history to them as I was sick of next visit to the contact to resolve a problem on their PC being told "You said to do that!"

I certainly have never felt a need to go hunt thru previous websites my GF or daughter might have visited.

knockin on 01:38 26 Feb 2009

My wife has her own computer, I never use it.
My only interest in it is to ask her, frequently, "Have you updates and run your security programmes?"

knockin on 01:39 26 Feb 2009

....Sometimes I ask if she has updated her computer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?