Trump's £1bn golf resort APPROVED!

24/7 16:24 03 Nov 2008

OMG as much as i love golf i doubt he'd be the flavour of the month there...

click here

peter99co 16:28 03 Nov 2008

Mr Swinney has also ordered that no more than 500 private homes be built.

Anyone got enough for a deposit on one of these?

Monoux 18:25 03 Nov 2008

Money talks again

Jak_1 20:06 03 Nov 2008

It will bring much needed jobs to the area though! A bonus during these tough times.

laurie53 20:09 03 Nov 2008

Alex Salmond has not only just lost Glenrothes, but will lose power, and any meaningful influence over future events, in Scotland.

johndrew 20:16 03 Nov 2008

Not wishing to be totally cynical, but finding it rather difficult, I have the feeling that comments made by Alex Salmond are rather contradictory. On the one hand he wants independence for Scotland and on the other is willing to sell/give a huge piece to an American.

Some things will never change perhaps!! One being politics!!!

lixdexik 21:26 03 Nov 2008

In the present economic climate what the country needs is more sand dunes not jobs and investment. What a disaster, more jobs, what a waste of good sand. tisk, tisk tisk.
Lixdexik

peter99co 21:31 03 Nov 2008

Go and visit Lands End and see what a mess it is.
I hope Trump does not make an offer for that piece of real estate any time in the future.

lixdexik 21:39 03 Nov 2008

I was at Lands End in the summer, on the start of a south to north cycle run, I know what you mean but, i'm sure the people who's incomes depend on it are glad it's there. in the grand scheme of things it's only a very small part of a masive bit of empty ground. I, sure the wild life will enjoy the pretty fairways & greens as much as the golfers. (;-))
Lixdexik.

laurie53 08:48 04 Nov 2008

I am sure the people whose incomes depend on clearing rain forests and destroying orang utans' habitat will be be glad when it's all gone too, but there has to be a balance.

This is an SSSI, so how can we expect the Brazilian and Indonesian governments to show environmental concerns when we will not do so ourselves?

Jak_1 16:22 04 Nov 2008

Hardly on the same scale and there will still be wildlife around as there is at every other golf course! The golf course will only use a small proportion of the dunes. It is an area where jobs are much needed!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

Best new design books 2017: From vintage infographics to the the psychology of type

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie