Trump's £1bn golf resort APPROVED!

24/7 16:24 03 Nov 2008

OMG as much as i love golf i doubt he'd be the flavour of the month there...

click here

peter99co 16:28 03 Nov 2008

Mr Swinney has also ordered that no more than 500 private homes be built.

Anyone got enough for a deposit on one of these?

Monoux 18:25 03 Nov 2008

Money talks again

Jak_1 20:06 03 Nov 2008

It will bring much needed jobs to the area though! A bonus during these tough times.

laurie53 20:09 03 Nov 2008

Alex Salmond has not only just lost Glenrothes, but will lose power, and any meaningful influence over future events, in Scotland.

johndrew 20:16 03 Nov 2008

Not wishing to be totally cynical, but finding it rather difficult, I have the feeling that comments made by Alex Salmond are rather contradictory. On the one hand he wants independence for Scotland and on the other is willing to sell/give a huge piece to an American.

Some things will never change perhaps!! One being politics!!!

lixdexik 21:26 03 Nov 2008

In the present economic climate what the country needs is more sand dunes not jobs and investment. What a disaster, more jobs, what a waste of good sand. tisk, tisk tisk.
Lixdexik

peter99co 21:31 03 Nov 2008

Go and visit Lands End and see what a mess it is.
I hope Trump does not make an offer for that piece of real estate any time in the future.

lixdexik 21:39 03 Nov 2008

I was at Lands End in the summer, on the start of a south to north cycle run, I know what you mean but, i'm sure the people who's incomes depend on it are glad it's there. in the grand scheme of things it's only a very small part of a masive bit of empty ground. I, sure the wild life will enjoy the pretty fairways & greens as much as the golfers. (;-))
Lixdexik.

laurie53 08:48 04 Nov 2008

I am sure the people whose incomes depend on clearing rain forests and destroying orang utans' habitat will be be glad when it's all gone too, but there has to be a balance.

This is an SSSI, so how can we expect the Brazilian and Indonesian governments to show environmental concerns when we will not do so ourselves?

Jak_1 16:22 04 Nov 2008

Hardly on the same scale and there will still be wildlife around as there is at every other golf course! The golf course will only use a small proportion of the dunes. It is an area where jobs are much needed!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone