Trading Places

laurie53 10:58 13 Feb 2008

Children face schools detention for their parents' bad parking.

click here

No doubt parents will get Community Service if the kids are caught up to no good behind the bike sheds!

spuds 12:37 13 Feb 2008

I wonder how this will effect people like teachers, school governors and other 'officials', who are caught parking outside/near children safety zones, and have no children at the particular school!.

Clapton is God 12:40 13 Feb 2008

I was a pupil at that school almost 40 years ago and the availability of parking places was pretty dire even then.

No cracks about horse-drawn carriages, please!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:32 13 Feb 2008

I live near a secondary school, kids wandering all over the road bikes on the pavements but the most dangerous thing is the parents.

Driving too fast, late for work and driving at 50 plus on narrow side streets with kids as mentioned above.
Double park to drop / pickup the kids, doors wide open blocking the road or just stop in the middle of the road.

I either leave early or stay in till the "mad mothers" have gone. Its even worse in the afternoon
when they come back to pick up their "little darlings"

anskyber 17:37 13 Feb 2008

I think it could work.

If the child in question is held back after school it will have a profound effect on the parent who may otherwise need to be somewhere else. It is directly affecting the parent.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?