Toyota recall

realist 20:19 29 Jan 2010

Toyota UK list of models affected:
click here

As the AYGO is included this could impact on the Peugeot 107 and Citroen C1 which share common parts.

OTT_B 21:06 29 Jan 2010

I'm nolt sure how much of the platform the PSA cars share with the Aygo. It's obvioulsy a large amount, but that's not to say it's all of the platform. Given the apparent commonality of the pedal boxes across Toyota models, it makes it less likely that the PSA vehicles will be affected. The PSA versions may have a unique design.

OTT_B 21:14 29 Jan 2010

By no means definitive, but an article on Just-Auto says

"That could have implications for PSA Group, which shares near-identical models for its Peugeot and Citroen brands built in the same Czech Republic plant."

click here for the full article, but may require full (paid) membership to view.

At the end of the day, it depends who in the development team was resposible for the pedal box. If Toyata said 'here, use this one' then the PSA cars will be affected. How likely that is I don't know.

peter99co 22:36 29 Jan 2010

click here

It happened on Friday the 13th. I also live at number 13 - but I'm not superstitious.

Input Overload 09:12 01 Feb 2010

from my reading last night Toyota isn't sure what the problem is yet.

OTT_B 15:33 02 Feb 2010

This is a fairly good analysis of the situation, but not of the fault. The article may require free registraton to read.

click here

realist 19:52 02 Feb 2010

The mechanicals of the Toyota/PSA cars are identical just three different body kits, all are assembled in the same factory.

Peugeot UK have told me the two 107's we own are not on the recall list. They say they are recalling about 8% of the Peugeot 107's across Europe.

canarieslover 10:19 17 Feb 2010

Corolla has steering problems apparently. click here

michaelw 13:49 17 Feb 2010

I feel sorry for the Toyota president. I hope he doesn't commit Hari-Kiri.

Bingalau 14:04 17 Feb 2010

I have a FIAT Punto and last time I took it in for its free valet, I was informed that it is also going to be re-called for a mechanical adjustment. They couldn't or wouldn't say what it was though. I am now awaiting the re-call.

Newuser38 14:13 17 Feb 2010

Toyota have set up a checking facility on their uk website click here which will identify if a car needs a recall. Local dealers will also have a facility.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?