Tourists to Spain take note...

Bingalau 13:06 08 Mar 2011

I'm off to Spain in a few weeks time and am glad I know about this in advance.
click here

It is an interesting article for other reasons though.

peter99co 15:10 08 Mar 2011

They are also stopping Motor caravans from towing small cars. They insist the vehicles each have a driver.

canarieslover 15:29 08 Mar 2011

I always use local transport where possible. I prefer it to having to concentrate on my driving to such an extent that I don't notice my surroundings. I'm off to Lanzarote this weekend and the speed limit is already that low on almost all the roads in the Canaries anyway, so it won't bother me.

WhiteTruckMan 15:31 08 Mar 2011

I forsee an upswing in the sales of trailers capable of carrying small cars!

WTM

interzone55 17:01 08 Mar 2011

"They insist the vehicles each have a driver."

Surely that has the opposite effect, two drives means two engines running, means an increase in fuel use...

interzone55 17:04 08 Mar 2011

Or sales of these babies

click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:36 08 Mar 2011

Last time I was "pulled over" in Spain the police were carrying rather large guns :0(

Some idiot in front decide to try and drive through the chicane - a stinger was deployed and he was dragged from the car.

the ensuing delay meant we nearly missed our flight.

jakimo 19:31 08 Mar 2011

'Surely that has the opposite effect, two drives means two engines running, means an increase in fuel use'
Why would the car being towed have to have its engine running?

jakimo 19:32 08 Mar 2011

'Surely that has the opposite effect, two drives means two engines running, means an increase in fuel use'
Why would the car being towed have to have its engine running?

interzone55 20:04 08 Mar 2011

Read peter99co's post, then read mine, then engage your brain and you'll find the answer...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?