Top Gear NEW STIG.!

Uboat 18:59 21 Jan 2011

Yes this is very real! TG has a new stig there is no mention if its a man/woman?

Things look like they are going to be hotting up again!

click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:12 21 Jan 2011

'Yes this is very real!'...it's a made-up and very carefully stage-managed programme.

G

Uboat 19:22 21 Jan 2011

GANDALF

Hi i think i haven't made the thread clear, i was trying to say that its very real as in there is a new stig! and not the programme..sorry to confuse...

UB

OTT_B 20:01 21 Jan 2011

I wonder how long it will take for the press to find out who it is.....it seems the BBC is already preparing for defence by disinformation!
click here

Forum Editor 22:54 21 Jan 2011

that I must be the only person to think that this programme is about the most juvenile bit of nonsense ever to call itself entertainment.

Overgrown schoolboys - one of whom seems desperate to stay in touch with a younger generation - smirking their way through a sequence of ludicrous, staged events. The awful 'guess who' thread about the identity of 'The Stig' which runs through it all is an insult to the intelligence,a fact which seems to have totally escaped the notice of the audience.

namtas 23:05 21 Jan 2011

No you are not the only personm

Brumas 23:06 21 Jan 2011

Echo that!

lotvic 23:09 21 Jan 2011

Failed to get us all excited.
Not your night tonight is it....

rdave13 23:16 21 Jan 2011

Well, I enjoy the programme. It's a commedy with glimpses of very expensive cars. Juvenile nonsense that makes me laugh and very well produced, or carefully stage-managed, if you prefer.
There again, I also like F1. Each to their own.

OTT_B 23:29 21 Jan 2011

to come out in defence of Top Gear!

I don't watch much TV. Live broadcasts are pretty well limited to F1, Top Gear, occasionally the news and (sorry to say!) Dr Who.

Is it mindless entertainment? On the one hand, yes. A lot of the time it's scripted and stage managed. But that doesn't detract from the originality of the 'challenges', or indeed demonstrating what it is possible to do with a car.
All 3 presenters emphasise their stereotypes, but then all entertainers do. The format and presenters may not be everybody, but it's good for me.

I'm not sure I agree with FEs comment of being "about the most juvenile bit of nonsense ever to call itself entertainment".
The Mary Whitehouse Experience occupies that slot by a wide margin, and is followed by a fair number of programmes before Top Gear gets listed.

Kevscar1 07:19 22 Jan 2011

FE's only jealous beccause he failed the audition.
It's better entertainment than a lot of the garbage shown such as x-factor. Nobody takes it seriously but they must have got something right to be doing a 16th series.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?