Too hot or too cold?

Cymro. 12:32 03 Feb 2009

click here

click here

So if you had a choice in which of the two above climates would you prefer to live in then?

Personally I would prefer the too cold one as it is easier to keep worm when the weather is very cold than it is to keep cool when the weather is too hot.

natdoor 12:57 03 Feb 2009

No brainer. Have you tried to play golf in temperatures above 40 C?

Cymro. 13:00 03 Feb 2009

I know nothing about golf but imagine what it must be like trying to sleep at night.

Si_L 13:05 03 Feb 2009

The cold! Every time. I was stuck in Chennai once with the temperature in the low 40's, and that was at 2am! It was impossible to sleep, everything takes more effort and it is just uncomfortable.

tullie 13:07 03 Feb 2009

After spending many years in Australia,i much prefer their climate.

Condom 14:37 03 Feb 2009

May I say that it is just as easy to keep cool in hot climes as it is to keep warm in cold ones.

I'm presently living in 37 degrees of humid heat so you just switch the aircon on and it is as easy as switching the central heating on. Most taxis and buses have aircon (At least the ones foreigners use) and all stores are nice and cool inside. I was swimming in an open air pool today following a lovely session in an aircooled gym

Sleeping is no bother once you get used to the hum of the aircon.

As I've got a dickie chest I certainly know which one I prefer and I don't return to the UK until early summer.

Cymro. 14:43 03 Feb 2009

Yes indeed point taken, but don`t you ever have to walk anywhere or do you just go outside when the sun has gone down.

Bingalau 15:17 03 Feb 2009

I prefer the cool myself, probably because I have had a few little lumps taken out of various parts of my face through contracting skin cancer. Too much sun!! When I saw the title of this thread I thought it was going to be about Marlene Dietrich.

birdface 15:19 03 Feb 2009

I don't like the cold and I don't like the heat.But where I finish up I would be better sticking with the second one so that I could acclimatize to the extra heat.

Forum Editor 18:25 03 Feb 2009

I lived in Sri Lanka when I was young, and I think it did something to my thermostat - I thrive in hot climates and hate the cold.

Noldi 19:08 03 Feb 2009

You can run around and warm up and that cost nothing but cooling down is not so easy on the cheap.

Noldi

PS I hated BA when I was trying to get out of Gatwick Monday morning but not the cold.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires