A toast to Brumas, his son and new daughter in law

john bunyan 21:03 26 Jul 2013
Answered

No longshot - hope Brumas and family are having a great (wedding) day - Cheers.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:08 26 Jul 2013

Perhaps he'll post a shot of the wedding venue and ask us to guess where it is.

:0)

csqwared 21:19 26 Jul 2013

Do you think he'll have recovered enough for next Friday?

(@_@)

rdave13 16:34 28 Jul 2013

When you've recovered Brumas, how did the speech go? I hate doing speeches. This site certainly helped me, link.

Congrats. Hopefully it won't be long before you'll be a 'TAID' again. lol

mole1944 06:01 29 Jul 2013

congratulations Brumas I hope all went well

Brumas 23:46 29 Jul 2013
Answer

Well, what can I say? I have just got back and thought I would have a quick decko at the forum before we turn in and found this thread, it actually left me speechless (in the best possible way)

How very kind of you JB to post this thread and how very kind of those who responded, we are very touched by the warmth of it all.

Everything was perfect, the venue (The Lancaster House Hotel, Lancashire),the bride was beautiful, my son scrubbed up well ;o}, Fran looked as radiant as ever, I was told that I looked quite presentable, the wedding dinner was cordon bleau, the guests were all very friendly and mingled well.

The wedding cake was a work of art as it included a model of their chocolate cocker spaniel and there was even a small broomstick between the models of the happy couple,the significance of this is that our surname is Broom - I hasten to add that it was not implying that they lived over the brush!!

I didn't have too much to drink and we finally made it to our beds at 01:00hrs after talking and catching up with various family members we hadn't seen for a while. I didn't start blubbing but I did have something in my eye which necessitated me wiping them frequently with my handkerchief.

All in all it was a wonderful weekend and as the old saying goes, I may have lost a son but I have gained another daughter.

G'Night All

flycatcher1 10:18 30 Jul 2013

Well done, Brumas, I am delighted that all went well. We have just had our first Grandchild Wedding and that was a delight, those who say that the age of Happy Marriages has gone are wrong.

My wife and I are just turning Finals on our Sixty Year Celebration I do not mention D*D on purpose - can't afford it.

Now you have the pleasure of sorting out all those photographs and pleasant memories.

Nontek 10:33 30 Jul 2013

Hearty congratulations to you and all concerned. Very glad that all went as well as it obviously did. May they have a very long and happy union!

Woolwell 13:02 30 Jul 2013

Brumas - Congratulations.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:00 30 Jul 2013

Click here

Do I win last week ITP?

1]: [click here

Brumas 21:39 30 Jul 2013

*Fruit Bat /\0/* Spot on! As for winning, just keep guessing ;o}}

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?