tiscali sale to be wrapped this weekend?

sunnystaines 14:05 07 May 2009

click here

just hope they make no changes.

Forum Editor 17:03 07 May 2009

There would be little point in taking on the business unless it can be brought into profit.

crosstrainer 08:03 08 May 2009

And not a little relieved that Carphone Warehouse are buying the database.

I was one step away from a time consuming ISP change, but will hold fire now.

Must admit, that in the 5 or so years I have been with them I have not had one single issue.

crosstrainer 10:14 08 May 2009

An interview with the CEO of carphone warehouse on radio five live.

He stated that all connections, email addresses etc. will remain live.

He aims to improve service and increase call centre efficiency.

Sounds like we will be ok then ? :))

jack 10:15 08 May 2009

Confirms the the Tiscali acquisition by NatterNatter.
Duff service acquired by duff service - now the UK's biggest duff domestic service

spuds 10:28 08 May 2009

I think that it might be a case of wait and see, because various talks have reached this stage before, and failure to agree have brought a closure on negotiations.

CPW/Talk Talk are one company that have shown interest in the past, so as Virgin, Sky plus another 'unknown' company. CPW/Talk Talk are in the stages of changing their own trading structures and dividing the two present company's. Perhaps the future take-over over Tiscali will improve Talk Talk or perhaps form it into an unmanageable venture.

On a personal note, I have used Tiscali and prior to that Lineone, and have at times had problems mainly due to low speeds. I only hope that this can be resolved if new owners do what they say they will. Instead of perhaps messing things up even further !.

sunnystaines 10:36 08 May 2009

tiscali bought out worldonline a few years ago and destroyed a good ISP with outages and billing problems so I left them. Then they bought out pipex which owned my bulldog ISP the speed slowed a little and the email was unreliable and support non existant unless you contacted senior management so moved email to gmail and since all has been OK. Not had any outages on the internet.

Stuartli 11:05 08 May 2009

It's done and dusted...:-)

Stuartli 11:07 08 May 2009

See:

click here

It was, apparently, first revealed on BBC News24 this morning as they followed Charles Dunstone's activities as the deal was reaching its final stages of completion.

Stuartli 11:09 08 May 2009

Dunstone, appearing about half-an-hour ago on BBC News24, promised that Tiscali customers would receive a better service and that CPW, which has already made considerable investment, would embrace Tiscali subscribers in similar fashion.

spuds 11:22 08 May 2009

I only hope the statements are true, and not another "we will do better" PR investiture ;o))

Looking at some reviews, it seems as though 02 are the only one worth considering, because the rest all seem to have their own commercial problems of service providing and funding :O((

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone