tiscali now blocks itunes from its customers

david-220957 22:19 16 May 2007

i have been trying to log on to itunes for three days now with out any luck, I have checked all the usuall
stuff firewall ports and so on and I finally gave up and
phoned tiscali tech, I was unoficially told they are now blocking iTunes in peak times. I can log on early in the morning and all works fine but when I try when I get home it won't connect, also, bit torrent sites don't work but again first thing in the morning all works fine. Surely they can't do this?? Are any other Tiscali customers having the same trouble??

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:46 16 May 2007

Are any other Tiscali customers having the same trouble?'.....'Apparently they are..........

click here

^wave^ 10:30 18 May 2007

i am on pipex homecall and they use tiscali i also have noted that i cant get itunes after 16:30 i have complained and last night i got it back again. also band response drops after 16:30 all very strange

donki 11:44 18 May 2007

I know Pipex throttles its BB between 4pm and 11pm, the throttle could somehow disrupt your connection to itunes?

paul trotter 11:55 18 May 2007

This sounds interesting, to say the least. Presumably an ISP wouldn't be able to prevent you logging in to iTunes - to access tracks you've already bought - though?

Paul Trotter, Editor.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?