Tiscali customers offered £50

sunnystaines 11:15 22 Apr 2009

click here

I think the offer is out of order.

dagnammit 11:34 22 Apr 2009

Not that I like Carphone but why is it out of order?

sunnystaines 11:38 22 Apr 2009

poaching customers from a struggling company

dagnammit 11:47 22 Apr 2009

I still don't get why it's out of order.

They're in competition...

Noldi 12:06 22 Apr 2009

The way Tesco is looking to take trade from Carphone warehouse with new in store phone shops then they have to also act. I think its called business.

Noldi

sunnystaines 12:09 22 Apr 2009

perhaps I'm too fair, its more cut throat than i thought out there.

must say do not want tiscali to collapse as i cannot beat the rate I have for unlimited net use and and unlimited calls.

ened 15:13 22 Apr 2009

I was looking at my elderly parents bill the other day and it is £14:99 'up to 1meg'!!

I really must try to get him onto a better deal.

spuds 23:12 22 Apr 2009

Approximately a fortnight ago, I was stopped outside a well known superstore by two people selling Talk Talk package deals, who were informing people that Tiscali had ceased trading, and they were offering special deals to Tiscali customers.

No mention of the £50, but they were prepared to let me have the £17.99 package for £16.99.

If you work out the £50 offer, then it would not seem all that good, if you were a low user of the telephone, and especially if you only used the telephone in the evenings and weekends, when it is suppose to be free calls anyway!.

(~oo~) 08:39 23 Apr 2009

so I headed off to talk talk.

They said my £24.99 all day free phone calls bill would increase to £32.99 free phone calls only at night and I would pay a £29.99 connection fee with no £50 discount mentioned.

Oh and I would be cut down fro my 2Mb unlimited down to 1Mb 40 gig a month.

Erm. No thanks.

sunnystaines 09:32 23 Apr 2009

same here too, talktalk is no a good deal versus tiscali

Stuartli 19:49 23 Apr 2009

My TalkTalk AnyTime Global phone and broadband package knocks any Tiscali offer into a top hat...:-)

(~oo~)

My package costs £20.49 a month, including line rental. This is about to go up by 75p in line with BT, to whom TT pays it on my behalf.

If I wasn't retired, I could even cut the package cost quite substantially because I would only need evening and weekend free phone calls to UK and international numbers.

Unless you have added some of the "Boosts", I don't fecognise your level of monthly payment.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?