Times Crossword Club (problems)

anchor 13:48 23 Jan 2008

I have subscribed to The Times crossword club for some years. Up to the last couple of months I had no difficulty in accessing puzzles.

Recently they changed their registration & log-in procedure, supposedly making it more secure. Since then it has been a nightmare; sometimes refusing to recognise my log-in, other times asking me to take out another subscription. On occasions it works well. They admit they have had problems, but seem unable to resolve them.

Has anyone else experienced similar difficulties?.

Bingalau 14:23 23 Jan 2008

Haven't got a clue....

blanco 17:01 23 Jan 2008

Likewise. I finally got in at around 4pm today.

There was a point earlier on when I got locked out for about a fortnight and they eventually agreed to extend my subscription period to cover this.

All this is hard on domestic harmony as the reason I first started to subscribe (to the Independent until they dropped it) was because my wife also got hooked on crosswords and we couldn't both fight over the Guardian.

anchor 17:16 23 Jan 2008

blanco: following your post, I just tried again and managed to get in.

I have been asking for an extension of my subscription for a while, but they have been ignoring my request. I will keep at them.

Perhaps their IT people should seek help on this site?.

Like you, both my wife and I are Crossword buffs; we do both the Times and the Telegraph regularly.

anchor 19:13 31 Jan 2008

Well, at the present all seems to be working OK.

Let`s hope The Times have finally sorted out their problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone